5 days in Switzerland – itinerary & rail pass help

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 May 2017 at 13:10:38 #811915

Hi, I will be reaching Zurich on 21 st June and would like to cover following things

1. Zurich city trip

2. Mt. Pilates trip

3. Rhine fall

4. Lugano lake and surrounding

5.jungafraujoch trip

already made hotel reservation at Zurich 21-23, Lucerne 23-25, and Lugano 25-26.

kindly suggest how can I cover above points during these days, or suggest any other things to do. I am also confused about Swiss travel pass. Which one to buy, full four days or three., or half transfer cards. I will be travelling with my wife and two kids 16 age and 7 .

would appreciate your advise to prepare complete travel plan

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 May 2017 at 14:33:41 #863640

Hi novino2001 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

It will be fairly easy for you to take a train to each of your destinations. You can plan your trips with the Swiss railways timetable here.

If you would like more details on your planned trips (what to do and how to get there etc. check out the following pages: Zurich, Mt. Pilatus, RheinFall, Lugano and Jungfraujoch.

Have a read through our page on ‘how to choose the best rail pass‘ to help you calculate which pass is the most economical for you – it depends on how many trips you will be taking by train, bus and boat during your 5 days.

The Swiss Travel Passallows for almost entirely ticket-less travel (no need to buy tickets) except for your trip to Jungfraujoch where you have to buy a ticket from Grindelwald or Wengen to Jungfraujoch (25% off). The STP also covers most museum entrance costs as well.

The Swiss Half Fare Card gives 50% off all trips but you must buy a ticket for every trip you take (including local transit).

With either pass you can order the Swiss Family Card (free) to cover the 7 year old’s travel. The 16 year old will need to have their own Swiss Half Fare Card or a Youth Swiss Travel Pass.

Lucas

• The thread ‘5 days in Switzerland – itinerary & rail pass help’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.