Swiss trip โ€“ Which should be my base?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 February 2012 at 16:22:30 #804922

Hi,
    I find this forum very informative! Great going!
    am looking to travel around Swiss during the April 6th-9th (4 days, 3 nights)..
    Main interests โ€“ Jungfrau, Mt. Titlis, Mt. Pilatus, Luzern, Rhinefalls.. (if i am missing something which i shouldnt please suggest ๐Ÿ™‚ )

I am reaching zurich on 6th April morningโ€ฆ So the question is:

โ€“ Should i keep Interlaken as my base for 2 days and luzern as base for final day? Any other options?
    โ€“ Would there be any interruptions in the swiss transport during this easter holidays ?
    โ€“ Any closures in the above tourist places.. (jungfrau, etc..) during this holidays?

Can someone please advise?

Many thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    22 February 2012 at 15:14:13 #834863

Hi SubsLdn! Iโ€™m glad you like the forum. As for your questions: Lucerne and Interlaken are your most obvious resorts. Youโ€™ve listed more day trips close to Lucerne (Titlis, Pilatus and the Rhine Falls) than to Interlaken, so you could also choose to spend 2 days in Lucerne and 1 in Interlaken. Trips can be planned using the timetable. Weโ€™ll soon add lists of manually selected hotels (affordable and located centrally) for Interlaken and Lucerne, so just keep an eye on the hotel page.

Generally, major attractions are open during the easter holidays. If you want to be sure, you can best check the respective websites and look for opening times and hours.

Did you notice the 2 for 1 offer on the 4 day Swiss Saver Pass? It may be very convenient and economical for your stay (that is, if youโ€™ll be traveling with someone else).

I hope this gets you started!

Annika
    7116 posts
    22 February 2012 at 15:14:13 #834864

Hi SubsLdn! Iโ€™m glad you like the forum. As for your questions: Lucerne and Interlaken are your most obvious resorts. Youโ€™ve listed more day trips close to Lucerne (Titlis, Pilatus and the Rhine Falls) than to Interlaken, so you could also choose to spend 2 days in Lucerne and 1 in Interlaken. Trips can be planned using the timetable. Weโ€™ll soon add lists of manually selected hotels (affordable and located centrally) for Interlaken and Lucerne, so just keep an eye on the hotel page.

Generally, major attractions are open during the easter holidays. If you want to be sure, you can best check the respective websites and look for opening times and hours.

Did you notice the 2 for 1 offer on the 4 day Swiss Saver Pass? It may be very convenient and economical for your stay (that is, if youโ€™ll be traveling with someone else).

I hope this gets you started!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 February 2012 at 15:19:25 #834865

You are a star! thanks so much! ๐Ÿ™‚

• The thread โ€˜Swiss trip โ€“ Which should be my base?โ€™ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

Weโ€™re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annikaโ€™s 20-minute e-mail course, โ€œSwitzerland for beginnersโ€. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.