Reserve seat on train with Swiss Travel Pass

Reserve seat on train with Swiss Travel Pass

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Garyleunghy
Garyleunghy
9 posts
May 24, 2018 - 5:19 PM

I and my wife will visit in June and have bought 15 days Swiss Tvl Pass. I note that for most IC trains allow Seat Reservation in advance. How much does it charge each time? Method to made advance Seat Reservation, etc. Thank you.

rockoyster
rockoyster
3586 posts
expert
May 24, 2018 - 9:26 PM in reply to Garyleunghy

It is very rare in Switzerland to use seat reservations except on train trips where it is compulsory to do so - the major scenic panoramic Express trains (Glacier, Bernina an Gotthard Panorama).

If you feel the need to buck that trend you can do so here.

Lucas
Lucas
6461 posts
expert &
May 25, 2018 - 6:36 AM in reply to Garyleunghy

Yes, typically no one reserves seats on domestic Swiss trains so I wouldn't be concerned about it.

Euro2018
Euro2018
26 posts
May 25, 2018 - 12:50 PM

If I may piggyback a follow up question, I think our concern or atleast my concern is what if the train is full and we dont have a seat , yes ofcourse there is always a next train but for someone like us where is time is very critical , thats why I am concerned of booking the seats

what are the odds of train filling up in the month of July between Chur to Luzern via Zurich , just your experience

having said that, i do see seat reservation is not possible !!!!

Lucas
Lucas
6461 posts
expert &
May 25, 2018 - 3:42 PM in reply to Euro2018

Yes, usually seat reservations are not possible on Swiss trains. The system is designed not to need them.

It is possible that for parts of your trip the train is full but I doubt it. The timetable will also tell you if they expect the train to be busy or not. https://www.myswissalp s.com/timetable

There is a column for occupancy rate. If there are 3 red people for your train then it is expected to be very busy. What date and time are you planning to go?

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018