Firstly thanks to all the people who have been replying with some splendid info in different threads which has solved half of my queries and has been the base of my entire planning. Now,
I m planning to visit Switzerland during September and have few doubts and need some itinerary advice. Hope few pointers will help me out !
Date - 8th sept - 15th Sept , Adults -2, Travel medium We will be taking a 4-day Swiss Travel Pass
8th - Reach Zurich and get transferred to Lucerne. Spend the night at Lucerne (Till 11th)
9th - Day Trip to Titlis, Evening - Lake Lucerne
10th - Trip to Jungfraujoch and a exploration
11th - Unplanned - Options -
- Mt. Rigi or
- Rhine Falls and Zurich city exploration or
- Mt Pilatus
- Round trip to Montreaux through The Golden Pass route. possible ?
- a through Glacier Express- Lucerne to Zermatt: Lucerne - Göschenen (Gotthard Panorama Express), a - Andermatt (cogwheel train), Andermatt - Zermatt (Glacier Express). Spend the night at Zermatt.
12th - Unplanned. To leave Switzerland and reach Italy preferably via train. (*) Can I take the Bernina Express and then proceed from Tirano to Venice ? If yes, How? If no, then what else?
13th - Reach Venice around afternoon ? and explore Burrano and a through Boats , Spend the night at Venice
14th - Day Trip to Tuscany, Italy. Back to Venice. Spend the night at Venice
15th - Leave Venice at 1pm
1) After doing Titlis on Day 1, how different would be Jungfraujoch ? If i want to choose one Which one should I choose ?
2) What should be the preferred activity for our day 3,11th ? If I take the Glacier express, would it be ok to travel so much with entire luggage since i'd be moving out of Lucerne ?
3) What would be the best way to reach Italy. Route ?
4) If im taking the train from Switzerland to Italy, do I need to consider buying a Rail Pass. I would be buying train tickets from Venice to probably Florence as well on 14th. The same pass EU RAIL would be of help ?
5) Based on the above plan, would you suggest to include anything more / less in the trip ?
What place would be good for some adventure sports like Paragliding / Sky Diving etc. and how much do they cost approx ?