I'll travel as a big family group (7 adults and 1 child) in Switzerland for 3 days. I would like to have some advices on the itinerary (Lucerne > Interlaken > Bern> Geneva)
We will travel from Paris to Basel (07:23-10:26am) and plan to catch the train to Engelberg (11:04-12:53am) to go up to Mount Titlis. Then take the evening train(6:01-6:49pm) train to Lucerne
1. We would like to use the baggage service to send 5 of our baggage to Bern train station,can we collect it on 3rd day morning (2/7)? Is it CHF12 per item?
2. We would like to buy Swiss Pass for 3 days at Basel station, could you please advise whether it is the most suitable pass for us after reviewing our whole trip? Thanks
3. Do you think half an hour will be enough for us to buy the swiss pass and order for baggage service? or should I buy the Swiss Pass in UK first so that I don't have to spend extra time on validation
4. If I can't catch the 11:04 train from Basel to Engelberg, the next train would be an hour later, so that means I can only reach Mount Titlis about 3pm, do you think we will have enough time on Mount Titlis? I'm afraid there would be a long queue in the cable car station that will further delay our ascending time.
2nd day (1/7): Heading to Jungfraujouch
7:05-8:55am Take the Golden Pass Panoramic train from Lucerne to Interlaken
9:35-10:09am Interlaken Ost to Grindelwald
10:17-11:52am Grindelwald to Jungfraujoch
Return3:00-3:50pm Jungfraujoch to Kleine Scheidegg, have a short break
4:31-5:21pm Kleine Scheidegg to Lauterbrunnen, have dinner and a short walk
7:33-7:54pm Lauterbrunnen to Interlaken Ost
8:00-8:52pm Interlaken to Bern to stay overnight
1. I know if we have Swiss Pass, we only need to buy the ticket from Grindelwald to Jungfraujoch with 25% off but where can we buy it? There's only 8 minutes for us to change the train at Grindelwald station.
2. I would like to have a short walk in both Kleine Scheidegg and Lauterbrunnen areas, how can I buy the tickets? Buy separately at different stations? or just buy a single ticket from Jungraujoch to Lauterbrunnen and hop on hop off the train atany station I prefer?
3rd day (2/7):
Half day trip in Bern and half day in Geneva
Could you please advise if the overall trip sounds alright or it will be too rush? Thank you.