May 23, 2017 - 5:47 PM
It's really very good website to understand the entire region and plan Switzerland visit accordingly.
I will visiting Switzerland in mid June 2017 for a week along with my wife, 2 kids (8 years & 1 year). Below is my rough planning and need your expert advise to plan my trip wisely. I will be taking two Swiss Travel Pass(STP) for 8 days with free family card.
Day 1 - Arriving at Zurich Airport in late evening on Friday and have booked hotel for one night.In Zurich, we are planning to visit the following-
- Rhine Fall (kindly advise visiting fall at night, hoping that STP will be applicable from 00 hrs.)
- Early morning walk in Old Town covering Grossmunster, St. Peterskirche , lake Zurich (short return boat trip, covered under STP)
- kindly advise must see place in Zurich which is near to Old Town or HB rail station.
- Depart from Zurich HB to Torgon by 14:00 hrs, via Bern - Spiez - Visp - Aigle to catch the last bus to Torgon (18:20 hrs)
Day 2 - Planning to visit nearby area to Aigle as follow
- Rochers -de-Naye
- Cheese factory (Gruyeres ) and Chocolate Factory (Broc)
- City of Montreux - round boat trip of lake Geneva
- Need advice - what else can be covered
- Back to Aigle by 18 hrs to catch last bus.
Day 3 - Trip to Glacier 3000
Day 4 - Geneva City
Remaining days - wish to visit Jungfraujoch, Mt. Titlis, Mt. Pilatus & Lucern city.
I do understand that staying at Torgon Resort (gifted package) will limit my travel time, however to overcome the transport issue to/ from Torgon, I am planning to rent a car. with regards to Car Rental, I have below concerns
- Is it mandatory to get two car seats for my both kids as height of my 8 year son is 125 cm only and daughter is just 20 months?
- how I will know about the toll roads in Aigle surroundings, I just need to know if there is any toll road between Aigle to Montreux?
- My plan to utilize the car only to access the Aigle train station from Torgon and vice versa, My resort at Torgon has free parking, however not sure about free parking availability in Aigle area. it seems that no free parking in Aigle train station or nearby. kindly advice where I can park in morning and collect it in late evening to get back to Torgon.(may be adjacent village train station).
Need your comments on my plan and advice to make it better.
Thanks in advance