Switzerland for 10 days - itinerary help

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
mantuli
mantuli
2 posts
May 23, 2017 - 4:14 PM

Hello,

I am staying in Luzern (4 nights), Lausanne (3 nights) and zurich (1 night).

I have 2 nights in between Luzern and lausanne. I like to visit MatterHorn, Schilthorn, Pilatus, rigi, Lauvax winery, Cern laboratory, Geneva city, Lucern and lake geneva boat tours. and I bought swiss travel pass. My Question is, should I extend 2 days in Luzern? is that going to be central location for the things I like to see?

Also my husband has mobility issue and he need a wheelchair although he can go couple steps and walk few yards. Is there a place in Zurich for renting wheelchair ?

Thank you.

Lucas
Lucas
10408 posts
expert &
May 24, 2017 - 6:25 AM in reply to mantuli

Hi Mantuli and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Luzern will be a convenient location for: Mt. Pilatus, Mt. Rigi, Lake Luzern boat trips and would be ok for Schilthorn. Check train schedules here.

From Lausanne you can easily visit: Lauvaux winery walks, Cern laboratory, Geneva and lake Geneva boat tours.

Zermatt and the Matterhorn is a bit out of the way of everything but you could make a trip there on your way to Luzern - but a very long day for you. Check the train schedule link above to plan this trip.

I'm not sure about Wheelchair rentals - I found some useful web pages on myswitzerland.com for you to check out and contact directly.

Lucas

Last modified on May 24, 2017 - 8:57 PM by Arno
mantuli
mantuli
2 posts
May 24, 2017 - 8:47 PM

Thank you for your prompt reply.

One more Question.

I have android unlocked phone. what type of SIM card I will need and for how much? Thinking of getting it at luzern train station when I arrive.

I am planning to use it very rarely, but want to have some access, just in case my husband and I are doing diff excursions and want to be in touch.

Thank you.

Arno
Arno
12143 posts
expert &
May 24, 2017 - 8:56 PM

Hi Mantuli,

Please see myswissalps.com/simcar d.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019