Switzerland for 9 days – Itinerary help

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 April 2017 at 9:05:18 #811530

Dear all

I am Bala from India; we plan to make family trip to Europe includes 3 countries like France to Swiss to Italy.

Please find out below itinerary and advise me to choose right pass…

I choose Half fare card…

DAY 1 Reach Zurich by 5 pm – Check-in zurich & day of leisure

DAY 2 Day trip to Rhine falls and zurich City tour

DAY 3 Check out and Train to grindlwald via Bern.. Get down in Bern and

Spend 4 hrs in Bern city tour

DAY 4 Day trip to Jungfroh

DAY 5 Day trip in cable car and Hiking in Grindelwald

DAY 6 Check out and reach Zermatt

DAY 7 Gornergrat Mountain rail (optional) & Zermatt – Matterhorn glacier

Paradise cable car (Optional)

DAY 8 Check-out zermatt and catch Glacier Express from Zermatt to St. Moritz

DAY 9 Check-out St.Moritz and catch Bernin Express from St. Moritz to Tirano and euro trains from tirano to milan

Appreciate your response…. and your suggestion if any modification required in this itinerary…

Thanks

bala

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 April 2017 at 11:51:47 #862098

Hi Bala,

I think your itinerary is great – not too much planned on each day – very manageable.
    I think with your plans you may be better off with the Swiss Travel Pass rather than the Swiss Half Fare Card.

With the Swiss Travel Pass you don’t have to continually buy train tickets for each trip – just hop on any train and bus you like whenever you like (also includes city transit).

The only extras you must buy are reservations on the Glacier Express and Bernina Express (as noted on your previous post) and the train ticket from Grindelwald or Wengen to Jungfraujoch (25% discount with Swiss Travel Pass). So this pass offers a lot of flexibility for you in case of last minute changes.

Lucas

• The thread ‘Switzerland for 9 days – Itinerary help’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.