Switzerland in 5 days-Help needed to accomplish

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 April 2017 at 20:24:09 #811350

Hello,

Well, i have been searching for a lot of options for the past whole week. Now i need your help.

I am planning to visit switzerland from 15-19 April with a friend.

1st day, on 15th April: we will arrive in zurich and will spend night there.

2nd day, On 16th April: we are planning to take the Gotthard Panorama Express. (1st question! on this route, should we spend time in Bellizona or in Lugano)

3rd day, 17th April: we are plannin to go from Bellizona to Chur. (2nd question, is chur so worthy in such a short tour or can you suggest a better site?) and in the evening we are planning to travel back from Chur to Luzern,

on 4th day, 18th April we are planning to take the Golden Pass from Luzern to Montruex.(3rd Question, Does Golden Express operate on 18th April from Luzern to Montruex? i searched according to directions of MySwissAlps.com but couldnt search And then to spend night in Geneva.

on 5th day, seeing Geneva and visit to CERN.

Now: Please give me any suggestion if you think i can make a better route/plan. Plus, please answer the above three questions so that i may get some clear idea.

Waiting fot your kind and helping replies to finalize my plan.

Thanksto ALL.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 April 2017 at 7:46:59 #861248

Hi mmarslan468,

1. The Gotthard Panorama Express only travels to Bellinzona in the Spring. So that should make your first decision easier :).
    2. I don’t think Chur is a city worth visiting. However, if you have the time, you can travel to Andermatt and board the Glacier Express panoramic train to Chur and then head straight back to Luzern. Or spend the day in Bellinzona/Lugano area and take a standard train back to Luzern.
    3. Yes, the Golden Pass panoramic train operates every day.

Please note that the Gotthard Panorama Express and the Glacier Panorama Express requires seat reservations (and I would recommend on the Golden Pass as well).

Let me know if you have further questions!

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 April 2017 at 11:17:30 #861249

Thank you Lucas for your reply.

1: in fact, because this comprises Gotthard Panorama Express boat+train so I am curious to travel with it. And someone told me that in this season it operates on weekends and it will be working on April 16 (as I will reach Switzerland on 15th April) so I don’t wanna miss this one . Please correct me if I am wrong.

2: And then according to your suggestion, I decided not to stop over chur. and after reaching Bellinzona on 16th April, on 17th April I would like to take Glacier Express. So please guide me how can I take glacier express on 17th april . Will it be possible to take glacier express in reverse way, I mean like going from Bellinzona to St. Moritz and from there taking Glacier Express to Andermatt. And then travelling to Luzern to take Golden Express in next morning (18th April).

Doestrogen it sound good?

THanks.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 April 2017 at 17:38:23 #861250

It’s like, on Sunday 16 April I wanna take Gotthard Panorama Express. On next two days I wanna travel on Glacier Express and Golden Pass Train. Any idea or schedule for this?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 April 2017 at 17:48:28 #861251

Yes, the Gotthard Express operates starting April 14 on weekends and holidays only. So it is working on the 15th. 🙂

You can take the Glacier Express train from St. Moritz to Andermatt, yes and then the next day from Luzern you can take the Golden Pass to Montreux for sure.

If you are planning on buying a rail pass for Switzerland (and I would recommend the Swiss Travel Pass) as you are taking a lot of trains. The Swiss Travel Pass will cover all 3 panoramic trains except the reservations which you need to make for each of those trains (link in my first post).

To find all the train routes and schedules, use the swiss railways timetable here.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 April 2017 at 18:15:02 #861252

Thanks a lot Lucas. Thanks thanks a lot.

Goodles evening

• The thread ‘Switzerland in 5 days-Help needed to accomplish’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.