Switzerland in beginning of April (3 nights)

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 February 2017 at 1:27:03 #810805

We are traveling to Switzerland for three night and looking for advice on what to do? We love outdoor activities – wanted to do the first flyer but it looks like it will be closed? Will there be tobogganing anywhere in the beginning of April? Looking for some adventurous outdoor things to do. Thinking of staying near Lucerne.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 February 2017 at 10:14:54 #858992

Hi rlmoore and welcome to MySwissAlps!

I am not sure on whether the First Flyer is closed in April but it is a slow “in-between” time there. Their website lists a number you can call (once you are in country) to check before travelling.

Luzern (local German spelling) is a great town to stay at to explore many outdoor activities in Switzerland. Take a look at our Luzern information page and be sure to read through the “what to do” tab for nearby activities. We also have a “hotel” tab for you to look at some nice hotels in the town. You will be able to find sledging available at Mt. Pilatus as well as other mountains.

I hope that gets you started – please let us know if you have further questions on any activities that appeal to you.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 February 2017 at 16:04:02 #858993

Thank you for this information it is helpful. I think we will use Luzern as our home base. Are there any natural hot springs that are reasonably close to Luzern?

Thanks again!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 February 2017 at 16:32:34 #858994

Hi rlmoore,

Thermal baths are fairly common in Switzerland but they are large and expensive spas and not ‘natural’…at least not usually. A quick google search will help you find those – most that I have heard of are about an hour from Luzern.

Perhaps another member knows of natural hot springs in the area…but I don’t know of any.

Lucas

Arno
    15484 posts
    16 February 2017 at 8:03:38 #858995

Hi Rlmore,

Hotel Rigi Kaltbad has a mineral bath and spa. It’s on Mount Rigi, which is a great day trip even without going to the spa.

• The thread ‘Switzerland in beginning of April (3 nights)’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.