My husband and I are intending to visit Switzerland from 3 - 14 Nov 2018 (11 nights). Understand that it may not be the best time but we are limited to these dates only, and would really love to visit!
Our objectives: adventure (paragliding, skiing. No hiking though, given the weather), scenery (scenic trains and nature), vineyards. Looking for a good mix of city and nature.
We are intending to get the Swiss Pass (have not decided consecutive 15 days or consecutive/flexi 8 days). This would depend on our final itinerary.
We have not planned our itinerary in detail but here is a tentative route that we are intending to do:
1) Our flight will touch down in Zurich at 7.50am.
2) Head straight from Zurich airport to Lucerne. To spend 1 - 2nights in Lucerne to explore. Should we choose between Mt Titlis or Pilatus?
3) Head from Lucerne to Interlaken. To spend 2 nights here. 1 day of exploring Interlaken + paragliding (will the weather be suitable for it?), and 1 day trip to Jungfraujoch.
4) We are thinking to head to Lugano for a night but seems like it is quite off the route from Interlaken to Zermatt (about 4 - 5 hours train ride). Should we give this a miss?
5) Head from Interlaken (or Lugano if we are heading there) to Zermatt. Can Zermatt be a day trip or is it recommended to stay for a night, depending on our itinerary here? We would like to check out the town and Matterhorn - how can we do so without having to hike in the cold weather? And also perhaps ski - is early Nov a good time? We are both first-timers so thinking to get a day instructor.
6) Head from Zermatt to Geneva for 2 - 3 nights. To explore Geneva itself (what's good?) and day trip to Lausanne & Lavaux vineyards. Can Lausanne and the vineyards be done in a day?
7) Head from Geneva back to Zurich for 2 nights. To explore Zurich and perhaps a day trip to Rhine Falls (if our budget and the weather permit).
8) Depart from Zurich - home sweet home!
Please advise if the above itinerary works or feel free to work it around! Do let us know if any of the cable cars/trains are not operating during this period, or if there is anything we should take note of. Is there any must-see/alps that we are missing out?
Many thanks in advance! :)