Switzerland in May with Basel as base for 3 nights

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 April 2016 at 13:16:58 #808819

Hi everyone!

I require help in my itinerary planning and selecting the cities to go to!

I’ll be in Basel on 4th may and plan to explore the city that day. I’ll be staying in basel till 8th

On 5th, 6th, 7th may I want to travel to nearby locations planning a trip to lucerne on of the days – can we cove Mt. Pilatus, Mt. Rigi, a cruise at the lake and chapel bridge in a day?

Our interest lies exploring the nature and natural beauty of switzerland and maybe also have an alps experience!

For other another day I want to travel to the bernese oberland region! Can we use the swiss rail to maybe do a day trip there? What are the must see places in that region?

For the third day i am open to suggestion for anything beautiful near basel or maybe do a panoromic train? Any suggestions on that?

Also is interlaken, zurich worth exploring in a short itinerary like this?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    7 April 2016 at 0:34:02 #850349

Hi Akshaykumar

Welcome to My Swiss Alps.

Your suggestion for Luzern is possible, if you mean by cover to put your foot on the ground and then leave fror the next destination.

Just joking, but that schedule would be ambitious if you were based in Luzern, and you have to add an hour at each end to get from/to Basel.

Off hand, I’d comment that Basel is not centrally located, and, as such, is not a good base for extensive excursions in the rest of Switzerland. If you stick to the northern parts, it can work. Luzern or places near Interlaken are better bases for the ideas you have mentioned.

These links may help you organize your travels:

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

map.search.ch/

http://www.myswissalps.com/wh eretogo

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Switzerland in May with Basel as base for 3 nights’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.