Switzerland in Mid November 2017 – weather issues?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 September 2017 at 6:08:55 #813306

Hello friends,

I am travelling to Europe for some office work in mid November 2017. I am planning to visit Switzerland from 19-22 November – 4 nights 5 days….Can you advise if there is probability of weather ruining our vacation completely ?…We are okay with cold weather but is it that we wont be able to visit Mt Titlis, Mt Jungfrauch and such similar places during our entire 5 day visit ???

Whether we wont be able to visit on Mountains even on any one of the 4 day vacation ? Is the probability so bad ?

Pls advise…I badly want to visit switzerland and we may not be able to come to Europe again..I am basically from India….Pls let us know…

Thank you

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 September 2017 at 8:40:23 #869983

Hi Darshnil,

November is a tricky month in Switzerland. Skiing hasn’t quite started and some mountains close down for maintenance as well but just for usually two weeks or so.

Have a look at this thread for ideas on what mountains are open and what aren’t at least during the period of 19-25 November. Jungfraujoch operates year-round; whereas Mt. Titlis is closed from 6-17 November for maintenance.

As for weather, it will be chilly and cold in most places and well under 0 degrees up in the mountains so just be prepared for that.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 September 2017 at 11:34:46 #869984

Hi Lucas,

Thank you so much. Happy to know that Mt Titlis and Jungfraujoch are atleast not under maintenance.

I am planning my itinerary to visit following places:

a) Mt Titlis

b) Mt Jungfrauch

c) Schilthorn – Piz Gloria

d) Lugano

e) Interlaken

Anything which may not be possible out of the above listed ?

Also, anything which I should add or delete from itinerary ?

We are more interested in natural scenic views and would not be much interested in winter activities..

Any place or train trip which would have beautiful natural scenic ? Pls let us know.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 September 2017 at 16:56:13 #869985

Hi Darshnil,

Each mountain has their own website with up to date information on maintenance schedules.
    Schilthorn website notes that they are shut down from Nov. 13 to Dec. 8.

Lugano and Interlaken are good size towns so they will certainly be “open” – some small villages may have some restaurants and hotels closed though at that time of year (too quiet for them to stay open).

For ideas of what to do around Luzern click here and for things to do in the Jungfrau region click here.
    Once you find a mountain or activity you are interested be sure to use our links to the mountains own website to double-check if it is operating. 🙂

Lucas

• The thread ‘Switzerland in Mid November 2017 – weather issues?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.