Switzerland in Oct: base towns/accommodation/snow

• Dianacr
    Participant
    1 post
    25 May 2022 at 22:38:00 #827310

Hi! My name is Diana

I’m planning a visit to Switzerland later this year, probably from October 28th to October 31st and have a couple of questions:

1. I would love to stay in a mountainous place at least for one night but not sure where, any recommendations? I’ve seen Grindelwald and it’s close to Egelberg and Mount Titlis so maybe it’s a good option? I’ll be coming from Lucerne or Zurich.
    2. How pricey would staying at a hotel/chalet/airbnb like that be? I have a fair budget but also I’m not rich :D.
    3. What activities would you recommend doing in the high mountains besides sightseeing?
    4. How cold might the weather get?
    5. Could we see snow? I have seen snow several times in USA, but I’m traveling with my boyfriend and he has never seen snow. We were hoping to get snow in Mount Titlis.
    6. And lastly, is 4 days enough time? Switzerland is for sure a highlight in my Europe trip and of course it is a pricey one, but I want to make sure 4 days is enough to at least visit Lucerne, Mount Titlis and a town in the mountains.
  • The thread ‘Switzerland in Oct: base towns/accommodation/snow’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.