Switzerland in Sept with 2 bases: Lucerne & Zurich

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 February 2020 at 14:29:02 #825201

Want to stay in Lucerne 3 or 4 nights and travel from there as day trips everywhere. would like to spend some time in Lucerne, see Interlaken go to the top of the Europe grindelwald. What is your recommendations? How much I would pay besides the swiss train pass to see all that. I am flying in to Zurich. I can catch a train from the Zurich airport to Lucerne is that ok?

What other things I can squeeze in while in Lucerne.

How far is the St Moritz from Lucerne. Will swiss rail pass cover the train fair.

Want to go to Zurich for 2-3 nights and Geneva for a day trip is that possible? 7Am flight on 26th from Zurich what time the trains start in the morning. should I book the hotel for one night near airport?

How many days passes I should get for the train which can save me maximum $ in travel

Please explain in detail what and where to get the trains to go see places.

I appreciate your help in advance. Hope to hear back.

Thank you

Savita

• The thread ‘Switzerland in Sept with 2 bases: Lucerne & Zurich’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.