My Swiss itinerary coverage with Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 September 2018 at 4:04:29 #818452

Hi! I have a travel itinerary planned for Switzerland and would like to know if all the information i have are correct. I will be there from October 3rd to October 6th:

Day 1 (Oct 3rd): ZRH

Day 2 (Oct 4th):

Zurich to Lucern- Roam Lucern, cruise on Lake Lucern (Covered with Swiss Travel Pass which i will purchase from this day)

Then from Lucern to Interlaken (covered by swiss travel pass)

Day 3 (Oct 5th)

Interlaken to Jungfroujach (25%-50% discount with swiss travel pass)

Then from Jungroujach to Montreux (covered by swiss travel pass)

Day 4 (Oct 6th)

Golden Pass Rail from Montreux to Zweissimen (will this also be covered by swiss travel pass?)

Then get regular fast train from Zweissimen to Zurich (covered by swiss travel pass?)

Please let me know if all information is correct and if i need amend anything in this itinerary.

Thanks

Prianka

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 September 2018 at 7:41:28 #896587

Hi Prianka and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Just a couple quick notes:

• Interlaken to Grindelwald (or Wengen) is free and then the round trip from either of those towns to Jungfraujoch is 25% off.
    • Everything else you are planning is fully covered by the Swiss Travel Pass. You can read more details on look through the PDF map of the routes here: http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity
    Connielou
    Participant
    3 posts
    22 September 2018 at 2:42:25 #896588

Hi…we just returned two weeks ago from Switzerland. We landed in Zurich…took the train to Appenzel region…St. Gallen….stayed with relatives. Then took the train to Lucerne. We spent two nights there, then onto the JUNGFRAU area…..we spent three nights in Gimmewald….then back to Zurich. We had the Swiss train pass for 8 days…it as wonderful! Paid for all train rides, paid for boat trips in Lucerne…paid for the day trip to Mt. Rigi, and when we got to Jaunfrau area….up to the summit, the train pass paid all of the trip up…(we were told regular price was 110.00 round trip….). He train pass was wonderful!!

• The thread ‘My Swiss itinerary coverage with Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.