Hello, Firstly I would like to appreciate thee work done by MySwissAlps Team for quick info on your website. I am planning to travel Switzerland in mid of June,18 with my wife & toddler (21 months old). I am flying in & out from Zurich Flughafen. I will be reaching Zurich in Morning.
My Planned Itinerary is
Lucerne (04 Days): Chapel Bridge, Lion Monument, Lake Lucerne Cruise, Mount Titlis or Mount Pilatus, Mount Rigi, Swiss museum of transport & Evening Walk in Old Town area. Kindly do suggest if any addition or deletion required at Lucerne.
Interlaken (03 Days) from Lucerne on Golden Pass route, Lake Thun or Lake Breinz cruise, Trummelbach Falls, Jungfraujoch tour, Harder Kulm, Ballenberg open air museum. Kindly suggest if Ballenberg is good for toddlers to visit.
Day trip to Montreux from Interlaken OST on Golden Pass route visit Lake Geneva, Chill ion Castle, Swiss Vapeur Parc & overnight stay at Interlaken. Please suggest if this all is possible in day tour with toddler.
Zurich: (02 Days): Rhine Falls, Zurich Zoologischer Garten, Bahnhofstrasse. Kindly suggest if it worth is to visit Zoo in Zurich with toddler. I kept last 02 days in Zurich to take morning flight back to Qatar.
Please suggest if any modification can be done in itinerary to make it visit worth with family. Also suggest if I can add or remove places from above mentioned attractions.
1. Can I visit to Matterhorn, Zermatt for a day from Lucerne? Is it suitable with toddler?
2. Can we choose between Mount Pilatus, Mount Titlis & Jungfraujoch? If we visit any one or two out of them?
3. I will be there for 09 days should I purchase Swiss travel pass for 08 days or half fare card?
4. Can we store luggage at Train Stations while travelling at Lucerne or Interlaken Stations?
5. Should I stay at Wengen or at Interlaken? I read people prefer to stay in Wengen as it is more beautiful & scenic. Can I do any short hiking trails from Wengen with toddler?
6. Which one is more suitable according to above itinerary Wengen/ Lauterbrunnen / Interlaken ?