Switzerland itinerary Jungfrau-Titlis-Paris in May

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 March 2018 at 9:05:49 #815009

Team Swissalps,

With your continuous forum updates and various thread read, i have finalised below plan for our family visit from 17th to 22nd May.

Plan looks below,

May 17th

Arrival into Zurich reach Interlaken by 1400 hours, check in and free evening in Interlaken

(May 18-19 in two days intend to cover below places), pl suggest,

May 18th

Interlaken to Jungfrau Via Zweilütschinen –+ Trümmelbachfalls + wengen, can this be doable suggest some place if possible to add

May 19th

Interlaken to Lauterbrunnen /schilthorn/murren and Grindelwald+ Harder Kulm

May 20th

Suggest place to cover + Lake cruise in evening

May 21st

Check out take Golden Pass to Luzern drop luggage at Station and Visit to Mt Titlis night stay at Zurich. Do I need reservation ?

May 22nd

Morning in Zurich and afternoon train to Paris.

Since my trip majorly around BO shall I buy Jungfrau travel pass valid from 18 to 20th for 3 days ? and then buy 1 day travel pass to Luzern. Or Buy 4 day swiss pass with above itinerary ?

Do you suggest any places worth visiting with kids of 12/14 which fits on above dates.

Thanks a lot once again, looking forward to the response.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 March 2018 at 14:05:41 #880187

Hi Kunjanmba,

• May 18: This looks doable I think. Just have a backup plan in case weather is poor on Jungfraujoch or switch to Schilthorn or Harder Kulm if weather looks better for each day – stay flexible
    • May 19: Yes, this can work – it all depends on how much time you stay at each town or on each mountain. I might leave out one mountain (whichever looks like poorer weather).
    • May 20: Perhaps Niesen or the Ballenburg open air museum and try out a Lake Thun boat cruise
    • No reservation needed for Titlis.
    • You’ll have to do the math to compare those 2 rail passes to see which is most cost effective: https://www.myswissalp s.com/train/ticketspas ses/practical/choosera ilpass
    Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 March 2018 at 5:54:59 #880188

>> May 20th … Lake cruise in evening

Is it the Thunersee or Brienzersee (Lake Thun or Lake Brienz) that you hope to take a cruise on?

Last boats for the day are as follows:

Thunersee

• Thun to Interlaken West: 15:40
    • Interlaken West to Thun: 18:10

Brienzersee

• Interlaken Ost to Brienz: 16:07
    • Brienz to Interlaken Ost: 17:40 (arriving 18:53)

I don’t know whether you would regard the last boat as an “evening cruise”, as sunset won’t be until about 21:00.

Alpenrose

• The thread ‘Switzerland itinerary Jungfrau-Titlis-Paris in May’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.