My parents will be travelling to Switzerland June 2018. I need some advise in planning their itinerary, travel, accommodation, things to do etc. Giving below their rough itinerary and thereafter my specific questions:-
June 19th - Arrive in Zurich and transfer to Geneva
June (19th -22nd) - 3 nights - Geneva
June (22 - 24) - 2 nights - Zermatt
June (24 - 27) - 3 nights- - Interlaken/ Grindelwald
June (27-29)- 2 nights - Lucerne
June 29th - depart from Zurich
I have the following queries:
1. Swiss travel Pass - Which travel pass is ideal for this 10 day trip? Can i buy the travel pass in advance and have it printed? How can i buy it?
2. Train time table - where can i check the train time - table for all internal travels in Switzerland?
3. Travel from Zurich international airport to Geneva on 19th June - With regard to this which are the relevant train stations in Zurich and Geneva (name of the stations)? In Zurich is the train station at the international airport? How do i get to the train station from the international airport? Is it a direct train from Zurich to Geneva or does it require to interchange and if so at which stations are the interchanges?
4. Accommodation - in all the towns i am looking for hotels/apartments which are walking distance from the train station. Any advise on how i can search for such accommodation?
5. Zermatt - Would like to visit the Matterhorn Glacier Paradise. Where can i get information about this - train timings, what to do etc?
6. Interlaken train station - Will be travelling from Zermatt to Interlaken and later from Interlaken to Lucerne. Which is the relevant train station in Interlaken for both these journeys?
7. Grindelwald - Instead of Interlaken i might choose to stay in Grindelwald. Are there easy connections from Grindelwald to the following - Jungfrau/ Berne / Basel / Lake Thun / Lake Brienze, The Trummelbach falls ?
8. Lucerne - Will be travelling from Interlaken to Lucerne and then from Lucerne to Zurich - which is the relevant train station in Lucerne for both these trips?
9. Mount Titlis - How does one go to Mount Titlis from Lucerne?
10. Swiss Travel Pass - If I buy the travel pass does it cover the travel from Lucerne to Mount Titlis and from Interlaken/Grindelwald to Jungfrau? Further, are there any additional entrance charges required to be paid for entering these 2 mountain tops?
Thank you in advance.