Switzerland quiz 11 – wo ist dieser Bahnhof?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    30 April 2020 at 17:41:55 #932293

Hi Cabin Jon-

Thanks.

There is a whole lot of Switzerland….culture, politics, direct democracy, complex history….that the average tourist does not see.

If that interests you, you might pick up one of the Insight Guides to Switzerland. They update every few years, but the vintage is not critical.

If something fits, I try to slip in things that might be interesting and are evocative of those background details.

Peterli does a magnificent job of that.

Slowpoke

Mageo
    Participant
    63 posts
    1 May 2020 at 4:26:07 #932294

Hello,

Thanks Peterli for taking the time to post the quizzes. They keep the interest going under the present circumstances.

Also, Slowpoke, thanks for the information and links re. the railway clocks. My husband in particular, is fascinated by the clocks, so found the info interesting.

We hope we can make our postponed trip to Switzerland next year!

Mageo

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    1 May 2020 at 7:11:59 #932295

Hi Mageo-

<<“Also, Slowpoke, thanks for the information and links re. the railway

clocks. My husband in particular, is fascinated by the clocks, so found

the info interesting.”>>

You are qute welcome.

Perhaps these links would be interesting?

http://www.myswitzerland.com/en-us/experiences/international-clock-museum/

We visited that one some years ago. Quite impressive.

http://www.watchtime.com/wristwatch-industry-news/lifestyle/must-visit-swiss-watch-museums-switzerland/

I was not aware of the one in Zürich

And, Biel/Bienne has a nice, small old town, in addition to the museum there.

map.search.ch/?pos=585461,221201&z=2048

I marked up the map. We’ll see if the marks are saved. The small plaza where the hiker is shown is quite attractive.

Also,

iknowwatches.com/swiss-watch-tours-museums-guide/

Slowpoke

Mageo
    Participant
    63 posts
    1 May 2020 at 9:29:49 #932296

Hello Slowpoke,

Thanks so much for all the interesting info and links – we really appreciate it. You have given us interesting reading and ideas to follow up for our planning, while we’re shut in.

Mageo

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • The thread ‘Switzerland quiz 11 – wo ist dieser Bahnhof?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.