Switzerland rail pass for youth

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 September 2015 at 18:51:45 #807912

i am 24 years of age..Can i avail the swiss pass for youth ..Should i produce any Id of any university?I am not a student so by showing my passport can i avail the youth pass

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    10 September 2015 at 5:42:43 #846055

Hi sruthi,

Thank you for joining MySwissAlps! The Swiss Pass does not exist anymore (please see here). It has been replaced by the Swiss Travel Pass. You will get a discount if you are 25 or younger. All you need is a passport. Please see myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass for pass details: how it works, what’s included and where to buy. As you can see there you can buy it online to save money.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 September 2015 at 8:03:36 #846056

Thank you so much for the quick reply. I brought 2 swiss travel pass online and got the eticket. .should I validate the eticket?if so what should I do next.

Arno
    15471 posts
    11 September 2015 at 14:36:03 #846057

Hi sruthi,

Usually e-tickets don’t need to be validated by rail staff, as all specifics are already printed on it: passenger names, passport numbers, travel date. But, I’m not sure where you purchased and what you ticket looks like. If they did not include instructions and you’re not sure, you can either ask railway staff in Switzerland or attach a photo of the ticket here so we can have a look at it.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 September 2015 at 16:33:03 #846058

Thank you so much arno..

• The thread ‘Switzerland rail pass for youth’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.