2 nights in Switzerland between Munich and Nice

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 August 2017 at 1:27:45 #812833

Hi. My husband and I will be travelling from Munich to Nice in mid September and would like to pass through Switzerland for about two days. Any recommendations on towns to visit that will work along our route? I think we prefer county side over big city. Our plan is to take train from Munich to Feldkirch and have 9/18 and 9/19 to explore South into Switzerland, perhaps into Chur. From there, we would have to find evening flight to continue to Nice, as it seems by train would be too long.

I see there are tons of places to choose from, so looking for some guidance given our short time. Thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 August 2017 at 6:46:34 #867837

Hi MariP and welcome to MySwissAlps!

There aren’t too many airports in Switzerland if you want to fly into Nice (Zurich, Basel, Geneva and Bern).

I would look at training to Nice with a stopover for 1 or 2 nights along the train route. Which towns depends on what you want to see and do.For typical Swiss mountain scenery look at Lauterbrunnen, Luzern or Zermatt I think.

Perhaps a scenic train trip on the Glacier Express from Chur to Zermatt and then on to Nice the next day?
    If you don’t want to spend much time on the train I would look at Luzern for two nights and then to Basel for a flight to Nice.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 August 2017 at 21:24:35 #867838

Thank you, I will look into these.

• The thread ‘2 nights in Switzerland between Munich and Nice’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.