2 nights in Switzerland between Munich and Nice

2 nights in Switzerland between Munich and Nice

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
MariP
MariP
2 posts
Aug 3, 2017 - 1:27 AM

Hi. My husband and I will be travelling from Munich to Nice in mid September and would like to pass through Switzerland for about two days. Any recommendations on towns to visit that will work along our route? I think we prefer county side over big city. Our plan is to take train from Munich to Feldkirch and have 9/18 and 9/19 to explore South into Switzerland, perhaps into Chur. From there, we would have to find evening flight to continue to Nice, as it seems by train would be too long.

I see there are tons of places to choose from, so looking for some guidance given our short time. Thanks.

Lucas
Lucas
5569 posts
expert &
Aug 3, 2017 - 6:46 AM in reply to MariP

Hi MariP and welcome to MySwissAlps!

There aren't too many airports in Switzerland if you want to fly into Nice (Zurich, Basel, Geneva and Bern).

I would look at training to Nice with a stopover for 1 or 2 nights along the train route. Which towns depends on what you want to see and do.For typical Swiss mountain scenery look at Lauterbrunnen, Luzern or Zermatt I think.

Perhaps a scenic train trip on the Glacier Express from Chur to Zermatt and then on to Nice the next day?
If you don't want to spend much time on the train I would look at Luzern for two nights and then to Basel for a flight to Nice.

Lucas

MariP
MariP
2 posts
Aug 7, 2017 - 9:24 PM in reply to Lucas

Thank you, I will look into these.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018