Switzerland to Italy – best rail pass option?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 February 2018 at 10:35:44 #814234

Dear MySwissAlps.com experts, I had read close to 100 threads and still have queries, no one trip is the same as what I had planned I am afraid(pardon me if there were), kindly help tweak and advise my coming trip.

FEB 17 arrivied ZRH early morning, will spend the day/nite in ZRH itself(acclimatize time zone & seeing Zurich itself),

FEB 18 day trip to Lucern and back to ZRH/nite (any ‘must-see’ enroute besides JUST Lucern?)

FEB 19 St Moritz for a night (would like to take the earliest train, ideally the GEX or BEX), had book the suggested hotel (Romantik Hotel Muottas Muragl)

FEB 20 Milan ( ideally the BEX at any time, in no hurry to rush to Milan). I understand that in case I may have to forgo on either or both the EXpress train, the local train does have panaromic carriage, and cheaper too. This is the part here where I am stuck, I would definitely like to experience the iconic EXpress train, ideally one way GEX then BEX but perhaps due to winter schedule I may have to take local train? Into Milan(my base in IT) i understand Tirano, is border of both country and this is where I will have to take the Italian Regional Train.

Kindly please advise on what is the best train tickets to buy involving the 4 days in Switzerland and cross border into Italy, and would there be a combo rail pass that can be use when in Italy? FYI, will spend 04 nights in Italy before leaving Italy from MXP. Many thanks in advance for your help and advise, look forward to hearing from you soon.

• The thread ‘Switzerland to Italy – best rail pass option?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.