Switzerland tour – help on 8 day itinerary

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 March 2018 at 4:05:59 #814586
    • Day 1—- Arrive at Zurich airport. (how much time will take for immigration?)
      Move to Chur check in Hotel – Later in the afternoon visit Appenzell & Return to Chur (is it possible?)
    • Day 2 Board to Bernina Express up to Tirano then by bus to Lugano. Stay at lugano. (How much luggage we will carry in the bus?)
    • Day 3 Lugano via Locarno- Brig To Zermatt. Stay @ Zermatt
    • Day 4 Zermatt to Gornergrat excursion. Later move towards Interlaken check in Hotel Later visit to Swiss open air Museum ( How to reach there & how much time we can spend there?)
    • Day 5 Jungfraujoch excursion Stay at Interlaken. Lake cruise? Which one is better at Lucerne or Interlaken?
    • Day 6 Move to Lucerne , check in hotel Which one is better? Swissfolklore show at stadelker or Lake Lucerne cruise or both?
    • Day 7 Lucerne to mt Titlis excursion. Stay at hotel in lucerne.
    • Day 8 Move to Zurich and catch the Return flight to India
  • Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 March 2018 at 10:52:31 #877581

Hi Arnabghosh,

Let’s have a quick look here:

1. Day 1 is quite long – Whether it is possible is up to you (and when you arrive at Zurich). Use the Swiss railways timetable to plan the trips. Immigration times, I can’t say. If there are a lot of people on your flight where visa inspection takes longer than usual I suppose the line up could take awhile. 15 minutes? 45 minutes?
    2. The bus can load luggage on the bottom and you can bring small luggage on-board (back pack etc). It shouldn’t be a major issue but how much do you have?
    3. It will take about an hour to the Swiss open air museum from Interlaken – I would expect a 2-3 hour visit?
    4. All the lake cruises are quite popular. At Interlaken you can choose between Lake Thun or Lake Brienz then compare to Lake Lucerne. I would lean to Lake Thun, but all are nice! I would choose whichever fits your schedule best.
    5. I can’t say I know about the Swiss folklore show – perhaps another member has seen it. 🙂

Hope that helps finalize your plans!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 March 2018 at 11:01:30 #877582

As we r from India and as a tourist and travelling with kid approx luggage weight is 50 kg in total.

Do I need to modify the itinerary?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 March 2018 at 11:38:02 #877583

Dear Lucas, extremely sorry for posting in random forum.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 March 2018 at 12:31:27 #877584

It isn’t a problem Arnabghosh!

The general itinerary seems fine to me.

Just be sure to review my last post for my recommendations and check out all your trips on the Swiss railways timetable to be sure they aren’t too long for your family – Day 1 especially.

• The thread ‘Switzerland tour – help on 8 day itinerary’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.