Lucerne, Interlaken & Zurich advice for early May

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 April 2018 at 5:53:06 #815417

Hello,

I am Rakesh from India, travelling with my wife and daughter (youth) to Switzerland from 3rd May to 12th May. Our base is as

3rd May – 7th May ( Lucerne) : Travelling from Paris to Lucrene on 3rd May by TGV. Would reach Lucerne between 15:00 to 16:00 hours. Would stay 3 nights in Lucerne. Checkout on 7th May, followed to Interlaken.

7th May – 11th May ( Interlaken) : Checkout on 11th May followed to Zurich: 11th May to 12th May.

13th May morning 8:00 hrs we leave for India.

In short our Switzerland stay base would be 4 nights each Lucerne and Interlaken followed with 2 nights Zurich.

As we are travelling for the first time to Switzerland, if you can help us with the best sightseeing, mountains and other activities which we can explore during our stay.

We are interested in rail passes for 8 days, but as we are in Switzerland for 10 days, what is the best option to cover the transportation for another 2 days. Or may be I was planning the rail pass from 4th May to 11th May, because I have already booked my Tkt. From Paris to Zurich by TGV, so I have to buy tkt from Zurich to Lucerne, reach hotel by 15:00 hours and explore Lucerne nearby my stay. Next day onwards I can use rail pass for 8 days. Or can you help me with the day transportation pass if any.

Also need to know if I need to book few excursions or sports in advance like mountains, jet boat, para or hang gliding etc.

please help with your expertise.

Thanx & regards

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 April 2018 at 7:46:02 #882664

Hi Rakesh,

I think that itinerary looks good as a rough outline. You may like staying in a small Swiss village like Wengen or Lauterbrunnen over Interlaken though? Just a thought. 🙂

I’d probably look at the Swiss Travel Pass starting on day 2 as well. On the last day you just need to get to the airport which is around 8chf. Use the timetable for train schedules to any destination.

Mountains don’t need to be booked in advance, you may need to buy tickets for some that aren’t fully covered by the Swiss Travel Pass though. That can be done at the train or gondola station. I’d look into paragliding or jet boats a day or two in advance

• The thread ‘Lucerne, Interlaken & Zurich advice for early May’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.