May 20, 2018 - 12:24 AM
in reply to Rohit88
Here are details about mountain transport in the Luzern and Jungfrau areas during your visit.
>> Switzerland from 17th to 23rd of October ... 17th to 19th - Lucern
All dates inclusive
- Pilatus: The cableway from Kriens to Pilatus Kulm is operating until 21 October 2018, and the cogwheel train is operating until 18 Nov 2018.
- Rigi: all modes of transport operating
- Schwyz–Stoos funicular: operating
- Stanserhorn funicular and CabriO cable car: operating
Boats on the Vierwaldstättersee (Lake Lucerne) will be operating to the autumn timetable until 21 October 2018 (then to a reduced winter timetable).
>> 20th to 23rd- Grindelwald, Lauterbrunnen & Murren
All dates inclusive
- Gondola Grindelwald to First: operating until 28 Oct 2018
- PostBus Grindelwald to Meiringen via the Grosse Scheidegg: operating until 21 Oct 2018
- Lauterbrunnen-Grütschalp cable car: operating until 21 Oct 2018, then closed for maintenance 22 Oct to 9 Nov 2018. When it is closed, you can still get to Mürren via bus Lauterbrunnen to Stechelberg then cable car Stechelberg to Mürren.
- Bus Lauterbrunnen-Stechelberg: operates year round
- Gondola Männlichen-Grindelwald: operates until 21 Oct 2018
- Cable car Männlichen-Wengen: operates until 21 Oct 2018
- Funicular Mürren to Allmendhubel: closed for maintenance 15 October until 14 December 2018
- Cable car Stechelberg-Gimmelwald-Mürren-Schilthorn: operating
- Train Wilderswil to Schynige Platte: operating until 28 Oct 2018
Trümmelbach Falls will be open
>> Are most of the public means of transportation( trains, cable cars) operational??
Trains between cities, towns and villages operate all year. Closures only apply to mountain transport. Closures are either for 4-6 weeks of maintenance in autumn and spring, or for the whole winter in cases where the tracks or roads are not cleared of snow during the winter.
>> Are there any other alternatives to reach Wengen (other than cable cars) since we would probably be heading there on 22nd/23rd of Oct when the cable cars would be shut down..
You reach Wengen by train from Interlaken Ost. The train runs year round. The cable car in Wengen goes up to the Männlichen (a mountain) - you do not need to use it to get access to Wengen village.
>> also can you suggest me a few other picturesque landscapes/countrysides near Lauterbrunnen/Grindelwald which are worth a visit
Please see here for further ideas:
Last modified on May 20, 2018 - 12:30 AM by Removed user