switzerland trip in december

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 November 2014 at 8:20:28 #806714

hii ….

me and my wife are planning to go switzerland trip in december 19 to 22. can u suggest me how can I plan the tour and I heard that weather over there will be so cold during December. I want to see nature and alps with snow as well.we r going first time to europe and we dont have much informationabout places.please help me in this regard and please give your sugeestions .waiting for your reply.

thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    14 November 2014 at 8:44:08 #841299

Hi Lakshman,

If you like to stay in a larger town and do day trips to the mountains, Lucerne would be very nice, and close to Zurich airport. If you want to stay in the mountains you can take a look at Zermatt or Grindelwald for example.

The links below will help you plan your trip:

December is cold indeed, but whether it’s just chilly or freezing cold depends on the location and the weather of the day.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 November 2014 at 13:11:45 #841300

thank you for your valuable reply..and I have other doubts ,I want to take glaciar express to do day trip to mountains.which area will be good for staying and to visit other areas as well .I need base station for all places.

I want to move to paris after this trip.which way is good to travel paris from Switzerland and what train bookings required.

can we get online tickets for point to point tickets .or is it required to get mail as like swiss pass

waiting for your reply

thank you

Annika
    7104 posts
    15 November 2014 at 5:49:49 #841301

Hello lakshman,

The Glacier Express is a full day train ride. It can’t be done from one base as a day trip. You could do part of it from one base, but if you want to see the whole route you’d better stay in Zermatt and St. Moritz. A travel plan can be found here. Since you will be going to Paris afterwards I recommend to first go to St. Moritz, then take the Glacier Express to Zermatt. You can stay an extra night in these towns to enjoy the mountains. Then proceed from Zermatt to Geneva or Lausanne and take a TGV train to Paris from there. This thread explains how to get cheap tickets: http://www.myswissalps.com/forum/topic/cheap-train-tickets-from-paris-to-switzerland. Besides that TGV ticket you would need a 3-day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass for this trip, as mentioned in the travel plan.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 November 2014 at 10:11:52 #841302

thank you arno…for your information .

• The thread ‘switzerland trip in december’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.