Switzerland trip – 7 days in June itinerary

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 February 2018 at 17:50:59 #814455

We husband and wife from India want to travel from Munich to Zurich to Geneva by train and will stay for 4 days in Zurich and 2 days in Geneva in the 1st week of June’18 . Our itenery is as followes :-

1st day – Munich to Zurich by train

2nd day – Zurich halt

3rd day – Zurich to Chur to Tirano to Lugano by bernina express and back to Zurich by train

4th day – Zurich and Lichtenstain day trip.

5th day – Zurich to Geneva by train and Geneva city and lake tour in the afternoon

6th day – Geneva to any day trip

7th day – leave for India by flight

Is it possible ? Advance train bookings are required ? Please advice .

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 February 2018 at 19:22:32 #876952

Hi Partha63 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Yes the itinerary is possible – day 3 is very long though and not really workable I think. I think you should split it up with an overnight in Lugano for example? Use the Swiss railways timetable here to plan out all your trips.

No advance booking is needed except for the Bernina Express train between Chur and Tirano and by bus on to Lugano.

If you are looking to see and explore some mountains in Switzerland I would cut out and extra night in Zurich and stay somewhere like Lauterbrunnen or Luzern after Lugano. From there you can head to Geneva (though I think Montreux is more interesting than Geneva – check it out as well before deciding.

You can travel along the Golden Pass route as well when you make your way to Geneva (it runs between Lucerne and Montreux with stops at Interlaken and Zweisimmen).

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
  • The thread ‘Switzerland trip – 7 days in June itinerary’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.