3 days: Lucerne-Mt. Titlis-Interlaken-Jungfraujoch

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 October 2017 at 22:42:14 #813434

Hello everyone,

Myself and my wife are planning a short trip to Switzerland. Our trip is for 2 nights and 3 days.We have booked all our 3 days stay in Interlaken.

Below is our itenary:

1st day : Land airport at Basel on Friday morning around 11:30AM. Start the trip from Basel to Lucerne and spend rest of the day at lucerne.Head back to Interlaken for that night stay.

2nd day : Interlaken to mount titlis.Spend whole day in Mount titlis.Head back to interlaken for that night stay.

3rd day: interlaken to jungfrough mountains.We need to make this day little shorter as we have got the flight at 9:30PM from Basel airport to head back to our place.

Can you guys please advice on our itenary ? Are we in the right places and spending quality time to make our short trip as a sweet and memorable. Also can you guys pleasee suggest about our travel options? We are looking to travel by train to all the places. Any suggestion for the rail passes which will be of economic for our trip ?

All suggestions please wwelcome.We are eagerly waiting for your reply.

Thanks a lot in advance.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    5 October 2017 at 0:36:57 #870590

Hi Balajij321 and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

With only 2 nights you might want to think about cutting down on the travel a bit. Going Luzern – Interlaken then back to Luzern the next day to visit Titlis is covering a fair bit of the same ground.

If it was me I would maximise my time in the Jungfrau Region once arriving in Interlaken. Depending on the weather you could do Junfraujoch via Interlaken – Wengen – Jungfrau – Grindelwald – Interlaken round trip (http://www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfraujoch/gettingther e) one day and Schiltorn with round trip Interlaken – Mürren – Gimmelwald – Stechelberg – Interlaken (http://www.myswissalps.com/sc hilthorn/gettingthere) on the second day before you have to get back to Basel.

If you are dead keen on Titlis then a more efficient route would be to go Basel to Interlaken first. Then on your final day go Interlaken to Basel via Titlis. If you leave early enough you might even fit in a couple of hours in Luzern on your way through.

Enjoyment of all the mountain tops are going to depend on weather so keep a close eye on the forecasts. I hope it is good for you. 😇

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 October 2017 at 7:15:21 #870591

@rockoyster thanks a lot for your response.We will definitely think of revisiting our plan as suggesteted.

Can you also advice on the travel options? Do we get any rail pass or individual train ticket on that particular days?

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    5 October 2017 at 7:31:24 #870592

Hi Balajij321,

The travel pass question is always a tricky one and even more so for really short duration trips. For example if you get a Swiss Half-fare card then you need to take trips with full fares equal to twice the cost of the half-fare card before you break even.

All I can do is point you to this http://www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 October 2017 at 15:23:05 #870593

Hi Balajij321,

I doubt a rail pass would be advantageous for you on such a short trip. But be sure to use the link from Rockoyster to compare costs to be sure.

You may be interested in the 3 day Swiss Travel Pass – it may not be the cheapest option but it would be the most convenient for you. If it isn’t too much more than point to point tickets I would give it a hard look. Once you buy it you can just hop on any train you want and go. The exception would be Mt. Titlis and Jungfraujoch where it covers a portion of the ticket cost but not all.

• The thread ‘3 days: Lucerne-Mt. Titlis-Interlaken-Jungfraujoch’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.