Switzerland-Austria-Germany -Switzerland planning

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 February 2017 at 14:18:59 #810785

Very excited for our trip to Switzerland the first 3.5 weeks in June. Our itinerary is first night in Zurich, 3 nights in Lucerne, 6 nights Lauterbrunnen (as our base), then off to Salzburg, Austria for 3 nights, Nuremberg 1 night, Rothenburg ob der Taube 2 nights then back to Switzerland to Brienz for 5 nights. What would suggestions be in Lauterbrunnen and Brienz for us to do? Also has anyone done the cliff walk at Mount Titlis? and if so what location is closest for that? What location is closest to go to Zermatt? I know we put Austria in the middle which may have been a mistake but what’s done is done! LOL We absolutely love reading the forum! Jenn and Mike.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 February 2017 at 9:13:05 #858915

Hi Jenn and Mike and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Are you both Canadian and a Canucks fan? I was living in Vancouver before moving to Switzerland.

Please check out our information pages on Lauterbrunnen and Brienz for details on what to do in those towns and areas. I haven’t spent time in those areas yet so I can give any personal opinions on what to do there. However there is plenty of great hiking options in Lauterbrunnen as well as awesome trips that I’ve read about to Jungfraujoch and Schilthorn (both of which I need to do!).

One cool panorama train ride I have experienced is the Golden Pass train from Luzern or Interlaken to Montreux – this is possible as a day trip and was quite enjoyable as is Montreux.

What do you mean by “what location is closest to go to Zermatt“? Brienz or Lauterbrunnen? Both towns are about the same travelling time.

As for Mt. Titlis, neither town is particularly close….both taking about 3 to 4 hours by train (one-way).
    You may want to stick to just seeing Jungfraujoch and Schilthorn (and perhaps Schynige Platte?) from your base towns. But it is possible to go to Titlis if you want (long day!)

I hope that gets you started, let us know if you have more questions!

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 February 2017 at 3:08:29 #858916

Thank you for the response! we are Canadian…but please do not say Canucks fans….my husband bleeds blue as he says…Maple Leafs all the way. It is unfortunate for him I know! haha

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 February 2017 at 9:01:26 #858917

Well he finally has something to cheer about after 50 years eh? 🙂

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Lucas

• The thread ‘Switzerland-Austria-Germany -Switzerland planning’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.