Take a panoramic train from Interlaken to Zurich?

Take a panoramic train from Interlaken to Zurich?

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Feb 16, 2018 - 12:10 PM

Hi,

I am planning 5 day trip with family including kids - 13 and 9 y. I plan to stay in Lucerne for 2 days and 2 days aroud Wengen/Lauterbrunnen/Grindelwald (for sight seeing/excursion to Jungfrau area)

On the last day I would like to travel with some panoramic train and catch a flight from Zurich.

MY request for suggestions:

1) better place in Jungfrau area for 2 nights

2) Panoramic train from interlaken and night stay at Zurich

Many thanks

Lucas
Lucas
7201 posts
expert &
Feb 16, 2018 - 3:31 PM in reply to Removed user

Hi Chala and welcome to MySwissAlps!

When will you be in Switzerland?

1. Any of those 3 towns are good options - Wengen is the favourite around here.
  2. There are no panoramic trains between Interlaken and Zurich except for the Luzern-Interlaken Express train which is a part of the Golden Pass route. This could work for you but probably not what you are wanting.

If you have the time you could train to Brig and catch the Glacier Express to Chur and then change on to Zurich. The Glacier Express leaves Brig at 10:18 am (currently, but it depends on when you are traveling - use the Swiss railways timetable to plan out all your trips). This would be about a 7/8 hour day.

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Feb 17, 2018 - 11:57 AM

Thanks Mr. Lucas.

Sorry ,I have not mentioned my dates of travel. I am planning to visit between May 23-29.

Will there be any snow at Mt. Pilatus during that period? Furthermore are there any skiing options around Lucerne and Interlaken?

Lucas
Lucas
7201 posts
expert &
Feb 17, 2018 - 12:09 PM in reply to Removed user

You may luck out with some snow on Mt. Pilatus yes 0 nothing for skiing though.

Certainly there is always snow on Jungfraujoch (near Interlaken) and there is a snow park in the summer you can check out there as well: https://www.jungfrau.c h/en-gb/jungfraujoch-top-of-europe/snow-fun-park/

Last modified on Feb 17, 2018 - 12:09 PM by Lucas

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018