Taking a baby car seat on Glacier Express

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
sue37
sue37
2 posts
Jul 16, 2015 - 5:36 PM

We are traveling to Switzerland with a 10-month old baby and were interested in taking the Glacier Express from Zermatt to St. Moritz. Considering this is almost an 8-hour journey we were planning on booking a seat for the baby and taking the baby car seat on the train. Has anyone ever done this? Can a baby car seat such as this one: tinyurl.com/ptfzcyt be carried on the Glacier Express?

Arno
Arno
13981 posts
expert &
Jul 17, 2015 - 1:57 PM

Hi sue37,

Although I have no experience with this myself, people do use the Glacier Express with small children and a seat like the one in your link is a common way to travel. I'm not sure if you need to bring the base too, or just the seat. It's fine as long as you can place it on a train seat in such a way that it's stable. I do not expect any problems.

You indeed need to book a seat for the baby as well.

Last modified on Jul 17, 2015 - 5:42 PM by Arno
sue37
sue37
2 posts
Jul 17, 2015 - 4:58 PM in reply to Arno

Thanks for the reply Arno! We are not carrying the base with us. It will be just the seat. We will be booking a seat for the baby as well as it is a long train ride.

Last modified on Jul 17, 2015 - 4:59 PM by sue37

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019