About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Taxi service from Lauterbrunnen to Zurich airport
MySwissAlps features commercial and non-commercial links.

Taxi service from Lauterbrunnen to Zurich airport

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
bear2019
bear2019
50 posts
Jan 5, 2022 - 8:02 AM

Hi, can anyone share reliable taxi service ? I would like to book taxi from Lauterbrunnen to Zurich airport directly. Thank you

LeVoyageur
LeVoyageur
53 posts
Jan 5, 2022 - 4:26 PM

Hello! Not quite sure on why you want to use a taxi. You may have a reason that I do not know.

Yet, trains in Switzerland are amazingly efficient and on time. In this case, I am guessing that it would be even faster (and cheaper). Zurich airport has its own very convenient train station. Personally, my choice would be to take the train!

Danielsan
Danielsan
222 posts
Jan 5, 2022 - 4:47 PM in reply to bear2019

Hi bear2019,

Wow....thats a lot of taxi... I wholeheartedly agree with LeVoyageur in everything he mentioned. I can't even imagine the expense on that type of trip!! From Lauterbrunnen take just one train to Interlaken Ost, and you can be on your way to Zurich (or just about anywhere in Switzerland from there.) Again, you must have a reason, but I would also certainly recommend the train. Obviously though, it's your call. Enjoy your journey though, either way you decide to go.

Danielsan

Ildiko
Ildiko
1407 posts
top member &
Jan 5, 2022 - 5:42 PM in reply to bear2019

Hi Bear2019,

yes, I do not know the exact amount but I am sure it would cost at least a couple hundred CHF. If you have no particular reason to travel by taxi, I would also recommend the trains.

I have no personal experience, but you can try Uber if you stick to the taxi. Maybe that would be a little bit cheaper than a common taxi.

Ildiko

bear2019
bear2019
50 posts
Jan 5, 2022 - 5:46 PM in reply to Ildiko

Hi, i know train is convenient. But i do my own reason, as my parent in law is not fit to carry all the heavy bags. We already experience all our journey here using trains. Just for our trip back to Zurich i would like to use taxi thou i know it cost me much. Wondering if this website is reliable and trustworthy.

swiss-taxi.com/

appreciate anyone input on this.

kim11
kim11
540 posts
top member
Jan 5, 2022 - 7:39 PM

My guess is that cost would be more like 300 - 400 CHF. Just a guess.

How many of you are there? You may need a mini-van or some other larger vehicle with 4 or more and all the luggages.

Unfortunately I have no experience booking taxis for a trip such as this so cannot comment on integrity of the site you are asking about.

Suggest you talk with Lauterbrunnen and/or Interlaken tourist office. The latter will probably have more experience with transfers such as this. And any transfer service based in Interlaken will probably come pick you up in Lauterbrunnen for an extra fee.

bear2019
bear2019
50 posts
Jan 5, 2022 - 8:28 PM in reply to kim11

4 of us with lots of luggage. Will check lauterbrunnen office here. Thanks

gramels
gramels
51 posts
Jan 5, 2022 - 9:52 PM in reply to bear2019

Vitznau ZRH is about 200chf which is 1/3 of this distance.

Talke the train, use luggage service or organize a Limo service.

Arno
Arno
14663 posts
expert &
Jan 6, 2022 - 8:59 AM

Hi Bear2019,

You'll find taxi links on our airport page: www.myswissalps.com/airports/zurich.

Ildiko
Ildiko
1407 posts
top member &
Jan 6, 2022 - 11:30 AM

Hi Bear2019,

have a look at the luggage service opportunity of SBB, that might be a good solution too: www.myswissalps.com/train/practical/luggage

Ildiko

Lastlook
Lastlook
28 posts
Jan 6, 2022 - 5:18 PM

Just one other thought/suggestion came to mind and that is to ask your hotel in Lauterbrunnen for advice/assistance with making arrangements for taxi or transport to ZRH?

Lijianhughes
Lijianhughes
28 posts
Jan 12, 2022 - 6:59 AM

Have you considered renting a car? I did some quick googling and found the price a lot cheaper than 300-400CHF (which is crazy expensive for a 2-hrs taxi ride!!!!).

Ildiko
Ildiko
1407 posts
top member &
Jan 12, 2022 - 8:48 AM

Hi there,

At www.myswissalps.com/car/carrental you'll find some tips regarding car rental. You could rent a car in Interlaken and drop it off at the Zurich Airport, if you are not afraid of driving.

More useful information about driving in Switzerland: www.myswissalps.com/car

Regards,
Ildiko

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2022