Taxis in the Interlaken area

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 June 2019 at 12:05:17 #822513

My husband and I have purchased rail passes. We will be in Interlaken area for 5 nights. Where we’re staying is a little out of the way. Can anyone tell me about taxis in that area? Thank you!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    27 June 2019 at 14:25:43 #916297

Hi Kilkee2000,

Where are you staying? There are only few places that can’t be reached by public transport. I’m not sure which rail pass you have, but most include all public transport, so not only trains. Taxis are available but I’ve not used them personally. It won’t be cheap but if it’s a short distance it might be ok.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 June 2019 at 4:40:05 #916298

We’re staying in Bonigen. Perhaps we’ll just get one to and from the train. Thank you so much for your help.

Arno
    15483 posts
    28 June 2019 at 6:16:31 #916299

There are buses from Interlaken Ost to Bönigen every 30 minutes, and some boats too. All of these are free with the Swiss Travel Pass.

• The thread ‘Taxis in the Interlaken area’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.