Purchased right Gotthard Panorama reservations?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 July 2019 at 20:18:46 #822795

Hi, I just purchased what I believe are two reservation on the Gotthard Express through Rhaetian Railway, is this a legitimate site instead of the SBB?

Are these seats actually reserved for me and my wife?

Also, with the STP 2nd class, will I still need to purchase an UPGRADE? If so can I do this at the station?

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    11 July 2019 at 21:21:57 #917581

I only heard of the RhB site yesterday but RhB is certainly legit. Do you have an email confirming your reservations?

The GPEX is indeed 1st Class only.

If you are travelling with a 2nd Class Swiss Travel Pass but want to travel 1st Class on any particular trip you can buy a Class upgrade at any SBB station or using the SBB Mobile App or here bit.ly/2rZEIXh. You need to buy a route specific upgrade.

If you buy on line you need to nominate a Half-fare Card reduction to get the correct price (using either website of SBB app). An upgrade will cost half the difference between 1st and 2nd class full-fares.

Annika
    7116 posts
    12 July 2019 at 4:43:14 #917582

Hi Tbone1311,

The RhB reservation option has just been discussed in this topic: http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/seat-reservation-gotthard. You do indeed need an upgrade ticket if you have a 2nd class pass, and to me it’s not quite clear whether or not this is included in the RhB offer as it doesn’t allow you to specify whether you’ll be using a 1st or 2nd class pass/ticket. You can contact the RhB to make sure, and get an upgrade ticket as Rockoyster explained if needed.

For other readers: the options linked to at https://www.myswissalp s.com/gotthardpanorama express/tickets allow you to buy a seat reservation combined with an upgrade ticket if you travel with a 2nd class pass/ticket.

• The thread ‘Purchased right Gotthard Panorama reservations?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.