Tell-Pass 2nd class – 3 days (within 5 days?)

• Polly
    Participant
    2 posts
    29 July 2017 at 15:37:33 #812779

Please kindly help, here is my plan, trip with mom to Switzerland. We will arrival zurich airport on Aug 24, first go to walk around zurich station area and lake side then same day take train to Luzerne, staying there for 4 nights, leaving on Aug 28 back to zurich airport.

Here’s my question. I plan to buy 3 days tell pass in Lucerne, the tell pass website

freizeit.sbb.ch/select ion/package?productId=1048877330&l ang=en&utm_source=Tell Pass&utm_medium=Websei te&utm_campaign=TellPa ss+3+Tages+Kombi+E+So1 7

stated that –> The national OnlineTicket is valid for 1 day for the outward journey and 1 day for the return journey within a 5-day period.

In my case, I start my trip on Aug 24 @zurich airport, can I use the ticket to zurich station (city walk) then take train to Lucerne on same day. It count as 1day for outward journey?

Aug 28 from Lucerne to zurich airport. It count as 1 day for return journey?

Then I can use the 3 days tell pass from Aug 25 – 27? Planning go to mt. Pilatus, mt. Rigi, mt. Titlis & cruise etc.

Please let me know if my understanding corrected or not. And please advise a better way. Thank you very much.

Polly

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    29 July 2017 at 16:59:47 #867573

Hi Polly, thanks for joining MySwissAlps!

To be honest I’m not familiar with this offer. It targets Swiss residents and I’m not sure if it’s available to tourists. The way I understand it, there’s a 10% discount on trips made to towns/from within the Lucerne area on one arrival and one departure day (click “More info” at the right of the offer’s name), plus a 3 day Tell Pass. I suggest you contact the SBB for details, as they’re the one issuing this offer. They should be able to tell you if you can use this combination the way you suggest. Alternatively, you can consider a regular 4 or 5 day Tell Pass. It’s valid from Baar, so you’d only need additional tickets Zurich Airport-Baar and Baar-Zurich Airport.

Please let us know in case you have further questions!

Polly
    Participant
    2 posts
    30 July 2017 at 9:47:14 #867574

Thank you for your suggestion Annika, I’ll check with SBB. Thanks

• The thread ‘Tell-Pass 2nd class – 3 days (within 5 days?)’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.