Tell Pass – coverage area and where to buy

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 May 2018 at 21:43:08 #816080

Hello,

We are going to stay in Lucerne for 3 days in June and planning to Visit Mt Pilatus, Titlis and Interlaken.

Can you a suggest where can we buy Tell Pass for 3 days? At the Zurich airport or Online. Also train from Luzern to Interlaken and Vice and versa is fee in the tell pass. I am sure train from Zurich airport to Lucerne is not covered in tell pass. Do we have direct train from Zurich airport to Lucerne ?

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 May 2018 at 23:46:33 #885722

Hi Shilpaus2000 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

You can buy the Tell rail pass online here if you like. It doesn’t cover the whole route from Zurich airport to Lucerne. You’ll need a ticket to Zug or thereabouts and after that the Tell Pass covers you. You can find schedules for all trains here. There are direct trains on that route yes.

To see everything that is covered by the Swiss Tell Pass look here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/tellpass/validit y

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 May 2018 at 2:57:06 #885723

>> We are going to stay in Lucerne for 3 days in June and planning to Visit Mt Pilatus, Titlis and Interlaken.

There’s not much to see in Interlaken. It’s a good transport hub and has a lot of shops, restaurants and hotels, but has little charm. Personally, I would give it a miss.

The main reason for going there is to do day trips into the villages and mountains of the Jungfrau Region and do boat trips on the Brienzersee (Lake Brienz) and Thunersee (Lake Thun). A Tell-Pass won’t cover any of those trips.

You might be better off with a Swiss Travel Pass. Have you read this?

http://www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 May 2018 at 5:16:49 #885724

I ma of the view that staying 3 days at Lucern rather interlaken, you should change a little bit your program and herein where tell pass valid will surely guide you…..

Gunzel
    Participant
    241 posts
    19 May 2018 at 21:53:35 #885725

In 2015, I used the Bernese Oberland Pass for several different trips based on Interlaken.

The Tell Pass covers a somewhat different area.

I found Interlaken to be a pleasant place but it was VERY popular with tourists from China and India and there was a lot of “hustle and bustle” in the local streets.

I agree another, quieter, place could be a better base. But Interlaken is VERY central. Note there are two separate stations, East and West. There is also a local bus that connects with trains at Wilderswil.

Enjoy your travels.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 May 2018 at 16:29:27 #885726

Thank you all for the information . Appreciate it !!

• The thread ‘Tell Pass – coverage area and where to buy’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.