Tell Pass - coverage area and where to buy

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Shilpaus2000
Shilpaus2000
2 posts
May 18, 2018 - 9:43 PM

Hello,

We are going to stay in Lucerne for 3 days in June and planning to Visit Mt Pilatus, Titlis and Interlaken.

Can you a suggest where can we buy Tell Pass for 3 days? At the Zurich airport or Online. Also train from Luzern to Interlaken and Vice and versa is fee in the tell pass. I am sure train from Zurich airport to Lucerne is not covered in tell pass. Do we have direct train from Zurich airport to Lucerne ?

Thanks

Lucas
Lucas
9215 posts
expert &
May 18, 2018 - 11:46 PM in reply to Shilpaus2000

Hi Shilpaus2000 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

You can buy the Tell rail pass online here if you like. It doesn't cover the whole route from Zurich airport to Lucerne. You'll need a ticket to Zug or thereabouts and after that the Tell Pass covers you. You can find schedules for all trains here. There are direct trains on that route yes.

To see everything that is covered by the Swiss Tell Pass look here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/tellpass/validit y

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
May 19, 2018 - 2:57 AM in reply to Shilpaus2000

>> We are going to stay in Lucerne for 3 days in June and planning to Visit Mt Pilatus, Titlis and Interlaken.

There's not much to see in Interlaken. It's a good transport hub and has a lot of shops, restaurants and hotels, but has little charm. Personally, I would give it a miss.

The main reason for going there is to do day trips into the villages and mountains of the Jungfrau Region and do boat trips on the Brienzersee (Lake Brienz) and Thunersee (Lake Thun). A Tell-Pass won't cover any of those trips.

You might be better off with a Swiss Travel Pass. Have you read this?

www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass

Alpenrose

Last modified on May 19, 2018 - 3:02 PM by Lucas
hansaria
hansaria
68 posts
May 19, 2018 - 5:16 AM

I ma of the view that staying 3 days at Lucern rather interlaken, you should change a little bit your program and herein where tell pass valid will surely guide you.....

Gunzel
Gunzel
150 posts
May 19, 2018 - 9:53 PM

In 2015, I used the Bernese Oberland Pass for several different trips based on Interlaken.

The Tell Pass covers a somewhat different area.

I found Interlaken to be a pleasant place but it was VERY popular with tourists from China and India and there was a lot of "hustle and bustle" in the local streets.

I agree another, quieter, place could be a better base. But Interlaken is VERY central. Note there are two separate stations, East and West. There is also a local bus that connects with trains at Wilderswil.

Enjoy your travels.

Shilpaus2000
Shilpaus2000
2 posts
May 20, 2018 - 4:29 PM in reply to Lucas

Thank you all for the information . Appreciate it !!

Last modified on May 20, 2018 - 4:35 PM by Shilpaus2000

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018