Home  ▶  Get in touch  ▶  Forum  ▶  Tell-Pass needed for children?

Tell-Pass needed for children?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Suriaia73
Suriaia73
16 posts
Jan 11, 2020 - 11:47 AM

Greetings,

I would to clarify on Tell Price ticket for children. I have 3 children below 16 years old (8, 10 and 14 yrs old). Do I need to buy 3 Tell Pass @ CHF30 for the three of them? Thank you for your advice

Anna
Anna
835 posts
top member &
Jan 11, 2020 - 2:14 PM in reply to Suriaia73

Hi Suriaia73,

Yes, you would need to get a Tell Pass for each of your kids at a fixed price of CHF30. For more details here: www.myswissalps.com/tellpass/price

This information might also be useful for you: www.myswissalps.com/train/ticketspasses/practical/discounts

Regards,

Anna

Last modified on Jan 11, 2020 - 2:45 PM by Anna
Suriaia73
Suriaia73
16 posts
Jan 11, 2020 - 2:44 PM in reply to Anna

Thank you so much for the information.

rockoyster
rockoyster
8888 posts
expert
Jan 11, 2020 - 7:56 PM in reply to Suriaia73

Does the Tell Pass work with your itinerary?

You children will travel free with a Swiss Family Card (www.myswissalps.com/swissfamilycard) which is available for free when acquired in conjunction with a Swiss Travel Pass (www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass) or Swiss Half Fare Card (www.myswissalps.com/swisshalffarecard).

Suriaia73
Suriaia73
16 posts
Jan 12, 2020 - 3:08 AM

Thank you for the suggestion. I guess Tell Pass is the best option since I’ll be driving most of the time. This is to cover my trip to Titlis and lake cruises. Thank you

rockoyster
rockoyster
8888 posts
expert
Jan 12, 2020 - 3:50 AM in reply to Suriaia73

OK. Your earlier threads talked about the Bernina Express. You have read www.myswissalps.com/carversustrain I guess.

Suzanne
Suzanne
344 posts
top member
Jan 12, 2020 - 6:44 AM

Hello Suriaia73,

Thanks for your question!

Have you had a chance to read the various links about driving in Switzerland? In addition to rockoyster's link about car versus train, I will attach some addition links about driving in Switzerland so you are prepared:

As a tip, keep some plastic bags in the car, in case any of your children get car sick while driving in Switzerland.

If you plan on driving most of the time while you are in Switzerland, it's a good idea to consider the Swiss Half Fare Card, because this is very suitable for drivers who don't travel by train, but do take day trips by cable car, boat, etc. You get a 50% discount on tickets for trains, buses, boats, city transport and mountain transport and children travel along for free.

I have attached details of Tell-Winter and Tell-Summer for your reference:

Good luck!

Best regards,

Suzanne

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2020