Tell Pass or individual tickets for 3 days Lucerne

• madduris2000
    Participant
    32 posts
    10 July 2019 at 17:05:51 #822773

I will be in Lucerne from 1st Oct morning to 3rd Oct evening.
    I want to visit Brunni,Titlis,Rigi/Pilatus and Interlaken ( only Interlaken town). I am not able to decide whether I should buy Tell pass or buy individual tickets. Please advise

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    11 July 2019 at 6:12:49 #917455

Well a 3-day Tell Pass will cost you CHF70 per day so you need to compare that to the cost if individual tickets.

You have probably done this but is the only definitive answer I can gave you – should read “How to choose the best travel pass” (http://www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass), download the handy spreadsheet calculator and do the math.

Annika
    7116 posts
    11 July 2019 at 13:45:22 #917456

Hi madduris2000! In most cases you’re better off getting a rail pass rather than regular tickets, especially if expensive mountain transportation is involved, such as Rigi, Pilatus and Titlis. I’m pretty sure a 3 day Tell Pass is cheaper in your case: myswissalps.com/tellpa ss/price.

• The thread ‘Tell Pass or individual tickets for 3 days Lucerne’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.