Tell Pass or Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 March 2016 at 9:23:50 #808724

Hello,We will be traveling to Switzerland from 16th to the 22nd April and on 22nd we go to Italy. I have been trying to figure if Tell Pass will be better for the first two days in Lucerne and take a Swiss Travel Pass for the next 4 days be good or will just the Swiss Travel Pass be okay. Could you please guide me with regards to choosing a pass for us.

A) Since we will be in Switzerland till about the 22nd, which is the better pass to go ahead with according to our Itinerary-

16-18th Lucerne

18-21 Lauterbrunnen

21-22 Geneva

22 onwards to Italy.

– Is it better to take the Swiss Travel Pass for 8 days.

OR

– since the Tell Pass for two days offers the Mount Pilatus and Titlis trip for free and take 4 days Swiss Travel Pass for rest of the journey.

B) Please let me know if the Mount Titlis and Mount Pilatus is completely free (apart from the Ice flyer that we pay extra for) or is there any extra fare we pay at any connecting point to reach either of the Mounts.

C) if at all we take the Swiss Travel Pass, how much do we pay for the Mount Titlis and Mount Pilatus.

Pls advice which out of the two is better on pocket and covers the best.

Thanking you in advance.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    26 March 2016 at 11:53:07 #849899

Hi dangi,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! Personally I would prefer a Swiss Travel Pass for the entire stay in your case. The reason is that you won’t know for sure whether you can actually do what you want to do while in Lucerne. If the weather is not suitable for regional mountain trips the Swiss Travel Pass allows you to go anywhere in the country.

As for the total amount you would spend on one or two passes, you’d best do the math as explained here. It’s the only way to know for sure. The Swiss Travel Pass page and Tell-Pass page show exactly what’s fully covered and discounted, and links to regular prices can be found on all of our attraction pages.

Additionally you need a ticket from the Swiss border to your first stop in Italy: myswissalps.com/ traintickets/italy.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 March 2016 at 10:57:56 #849900

Thank you, Arno.

I have been trying to book Swiss Travel Pass but its continuously not getting through at the payment stage.

Could you pls help me where to buy the tickets online. We want to buy the online tickets before the 29th (tomorrow) as thats the last day of the discounted offer.

Pls help.

Arno
    15483 posts
    28 March 2016 at 12:49:45 #849901

Hi dangi,

I am assuming you’re referring to the 30% discount on 1st class print at home Swiss Travel Passes? You can only get the discount through http://www.raileurope.com/rai l-tickets-passes/swiss-pass/index.html. Unless you live in Canada, then it’s http://www.raileurope.ca/rail -tickets-passes/swiss-pass/index.html.

I just tried and it worked fine. If it does not work for you you’ve probably filled out incorrect information (or at least the site thinks it’s wrong), like an international phone number format that does not start with “+”. Or you’re trying to buy last minute passes to use only a few days from now (that may not work because even e-passes take a few business days to be processed and e-mailed).

Can you try again please?

• The thread ‘Tell Pass or Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.