Tell Pass, Saver Day Pass and Bernina Express

Tell Pass, Saver Day Pass and Bernina Express

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
yosephra
yosephra
11 posts
Feb 11, 2018 - 3:23 PM

Hi guys,

It's me again with another questions.

1. Is there any posibility promotional reduction for Tell Pass? Should I buy earlier or the price will raise ?

2. When I want to book BEX, I will buy Saver Day Pass later, what should I choose on discount box selection, GA or 1-day travel pass?

3. I know the company doesnt provide the train direction on seat selection but which side has the best view on BEX and morever which seat is more convenient since we bring big luggages with us?

I have another questions but I'll ask it on another forum category. Thanks in advance guys !

Lucas
Lucas
8878 posts
expert &
Feb 11, 2018 - 4:54 PM in reply to yosephra

Hi yosephra,

1. I don't see the Tell Pass on promotion too often - but our page will list list it if it happens. Keeping checking back. The price does not fluctuate (other than a possible promotion).
  2. Either option would work - you just want to indicate you don't need a train ticket (just the reservation).
  3. Both sides are great - we tend to favour the right side though - as explained on our Bernina Express route description page. I'm not sure any seat is better than another for those with luggage - there will be room if in each carriage for luggage.
yosephra
yosephra
11 posts
Feb 17, 2018 - 12:53 AM

Hi Lucas,

It's me again. Thank you for your reply.

When is the swiss travel pass will have discount ?

Cheers,

Yoseph

Lucas
Lucas
8878 posts
expert &
Feb 17, 2018 - 9:22 AM in reply to yosephra

I don't know Yoseph,

I think last year it was in March sometime but it might not be this year. You'll just have to keep on eye in the website and the rail pass page you are interested in. We'll usually also post a thread mentioning the discount when if it becomes available.

Cheers!

Arno
Arno
11155 posts
expert &
Feb 17, 2018 - 2:09 PM

Hi Yoseph,

In the past, hotel bookings in Lucerne in winter sometimes included a complimentary Tell-Pass Winter. I'm not sure about this year. We stopped promoting that as it was a bit tricky: with a limited number of passes, and availability also depended on how you booked your hotel. Anyway, any good promotions for any pass will be announced on our website as Lucas mentioned.

rockoyster
rockoyster
3916 posts
expert
Feb 18, 2018 - 9:08 AM in reply to Arno

Hi Arno,

In Switzerland does "complimentary" mean "we've already built it into the price" same as it does in Australia? Or do you have stronger advertising laws? 🤓

Last modified on Feb 18, 2018 - 9:09 AM by rockoyster
Lucas
Lucas
8878 posts
expert &
Feb 18, 2018 - 5:26 PM in reply to rockoyster

Good question - Would advertising laws have anything to do with it though?
Certainly a hotel might/ would mark up the rate and then give all guests a local pass. No harm no foul there. I would expect it typically!

yosephra
yosephra
11 posts
Feb 19, 2018 - 1:33 AM

Thanks Lucas & Arno. I will keep my eye on that.

Cheers,

Yoseph

Arno
Arno
11155 posts
expert &
Feb 19, 2018 - 7:51 AM in reply to rockoyster

Hi Rockoyster,

Well, I must admit that "complimentary" was my terminology. Not sure how it's advertised. But in similar cases (transport included with hotel bookings) I didn't find room rates to be more expensive. I find tourist tax quite expensive in Switzerland, but it's one of the sources funding "free" transportation I think.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018