Swiss Alps temperature difference town & mountain

Swiss Alps temperature difference town & mountain

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Garyleunghy
Garyleunghy
9 posts
May 27, 2018 - 10:03 AM

1/ I will fly to Geneva in mid-Jun and leave from Zurich, I've bought Swiss Travel Pass.Does the Pass cover the train from Geneva Airport to Geneva city centre; and does it cover the train from Zurich Train Station to Zurich Airport.

2/ I am planning to visit Zermatt and Matterhorn Glacier Paradise, Interlaken and Jungfaujoch. May take short route hiking if there's time. Could anyone help to inform me temperature difference between town and on the mountain. e.g. if Zermatt is 24 degree C, what temp. on Matterhorn Glacier Paradise, for better preparation of clothes. Thank you.

Lucas
Lucas
6488 posts
expert &
May 27, 2018 - 3:38 PM in reply to Garyleunghy

Hi Gary,

1. Yes it does - check the PDF map here for all routes: https://www.myswissalp s.com/swisstravelpass/ validity
  2. Typically it goes down 1 degree every 100 meters. Currently Zermatt is 19 degrees and the top of Klein Matterhorn/Glacier Paradise it is 2 degrees. 17:30 local time.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018