TGV Lyria Paris to Switzerland discounted tickets

TGV Lyria Paris to Switzerland discounted tickets

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Arno
Arno
11140 posts
expert &
Feb 16, 2018 - 9:18 AM

Tickets for TGV Lyria trains from France to Switzerland (and vice versa) are extra low if you book before March 12. The discounted fares are available for trips between April 14 and June 14, 2018. We found fares as low as € 29 for a single ticket. Book as soon as your travel date is fixed in order to secure the best price.

Please find links to the offer here: www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/france/prom otions. Please note: if you don't see offers on that page, retailers in your country of residence may not offer this (see here for a list of all retailers).

You don't need a promo code. Just start searching for fares within the mentioned time frame.

Last modified on Feb 16, 2018 - 9:27 AM by Arno
Zubeen
Zubeen
6 posts
Feb 16, 2018 - 12:22 PM in reply to Arno

Hi Arno,

Thanks for this information.

Tried for locating- Switzerland to Paris.

Could not succeed!

Best regards

Lucas
Lucas
8830 posts
expert &
Feb 17, 2018 - 9:14 AM in reply to Zubeen

Hi Zubeen,

You couldn't find any prices at all or what was the issue?

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Feb 18, 2018 - 6:22 AM

Hi ,

I am planning to travel from Paris to Switzerland and take a ATP family card. How do I book my ticket on from PARIS to Zurichby TGVlyria as I understand i need to pay only till Basel.

Many Thanks

Lucas
Lucas
8830 posts
expert &
Feb 18, 2018 - 9:40 AM in reply to Removed user

I am not familiar with the ATP family card, but if you have coverage between Basel and Zurich then you only need to book the trip to Basel - use Arno's 2 link on his post above - and stay on the train (or change in Basel) and continue on to Zurich - this section doesn't need a reservation; just a valid ticket or rail pass.

Last modified on Feb 18, 2018 - 9:41 AM by Lucas
jindals12
jindals12
10 posts
Feb 18, 2018 - 11:14 AM

I see that tickets from Paris to Lausanne is cheaper on swisstours .com. Is this an authentic site to book tickets. I am looking for tickets in Late May.

Zubeen
Zubeen
6 posts
Feb 18, 2018 - 12:24 PM in reply to Lucas

1. I am traveling from Basel to Paris in June .

2. But could not see the promotion for the same.

jindals12
jindals12
10 posts
Feb 18, 2018 - 12:32 PM

Also, I see that the prices for 14th May are cheaper on SBB are cheaper than for later dates like 21st or 28th May? Is it because more fares open 90 days before the date of departure?

Arno
Arno
11140 posts
expert &
Feb 18, 2018 - 2:21 PM in reply to jindals12

Hi jindals12,

I don't know SwissTours, sorry. So far I found the exact same prices on their website, and SBB was more expensive. I don't know your exact travel date and time though. Prices vary, and indeed one date (and time) can be more expensive than another. It's based on demand as well as booking well in advance. As your based in India you can search for prices in your own currency here: www.raileurope.co.in/t rain/tgv-lyria.

Arno
Arno
11140 posts
expert &
Feb 18, 2018 - 2:26 PM in reply to Zubeen

Hi Zubeen,

The promotions are listed on the page I linked to in my first post: www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/france/prom otions. As you live in India as well, one of the links you find there is www.raileurope.co.in/t rain/tgv-lyria. That page explains about the promotion and allows you to search for fares. I found fares as low as INR 2559.

Zubeen
Zubeen
6 posts
Feb 18, 2018 - 3:11 PM in reply to Arno

Thanks Arno!

Got it!!

chandni177
chandni177
55 posts
Feb 19, 2018 - 10:09 PM

I already know the answer to this, but praying for a miracle. I booked tickets on the TGV-Lyria from Paris to Basel SBB last week on trainline.eu. Now those same tickets are on sale :( Is there anything I can do to convince trainline.eu to price match?

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
Feb 20, 2018 - 7:23 AM in reply to chandni177

Only thing I can think of is to contact them directly: www.trainline.eu/conta ct

I don't think there's anything we can do to help.

gorzy
gorzy
4 posts
Feb 20, 2018 - 1:36 PM

Any offers / promotions for Swiss Rail Pass for 8 Days consecutive?

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
Feb 20, 2018 - 6:18 PM in reply to gorzy

Hi gorzy,

Not now, but you can keep an eye on our promotions page here.

jindals12
jindals12
10 posts
Feb 24, 2018 - 4:51 PM

Hi, If I book a ticket from Paris to Lausanne through SBB site, can I take a printout of the ticket and use it for my travel or do I need to collect tickets from somewhere?

Lucas
Lucas
8830 posts
expert &
Feb 25, 2018 - 7:23 AM in reply to jindals12

Hi Jindals12,

You can get an E-ticket to print out, you won't need to collect the ticket in Switzerland if you buy online. We also list several online retailers you can compare with here.

Last modified on Feb 25, 2018 - 7:23 AM by Lucas
Nitinntpc
Nitinntpc
4 posts
Mar 1, 2018 - 5:28 AM in reply to Arno

We are planning to go Zurich from Paris on 14/06/18.

We are family of 6 ( 2 adult 2 kids and 2 senior citizens)

Lucas
Lucas
8830 posts
expert &
Mar 1, 2018 - 5:58 AM in reply to Nitinntpc

Hi Nitinntpc,

Did you have a question for us? If you are looking for ticket prices you can use the link in Arno's first post at the top of the page.

Nitinntpc
Nitinntpc
4 posts
Mar 1, 2018 - 6:38 AM in reply to Arno

Yes how I will get best fare from Paris to Zurich.

If we buy ticket from Paris to Basel TGV and in same train my Swiss pass will work.

We have 5-6 days plan to be there.

How we should make travel plans

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018