Thank you – panoramic trains versus regular trains

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 May 2019 at 18:39:37 #821707

Just wanted to thank everyone at My Swiss Alps for all the great advice. We just spent 9 days in Switzerland travelling by train and had a wonderful time. Could not agree more that travelling on a regular train but on the same route as trains such as the Glacier Express or Bernina Express is the best way to go. We did the actual Glacier Express and the train was pretty crowded. Did the regular train on Bernina Express route and it was great. Had seats either side we could move to for the best views and still got commentary on the main sights and didn’t have to pay for seat reservations. I realise this might not be the case in high season but for us it was great. Thanks again , you do great work. Linda Brooks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 May 2019 at 15:07:37 #912660

Hello Lindabrooks,

Thanks a million for sharing your experience, we appreciate the effort of posting to everyone!

Any pictures you’d like to add to underline the statement?! 🙂

Best,
    Steph

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 May 2019 at 17:43:30 #912661

I have some lovely photos but not sure how to share them from my phone to my Swiss Alps which is on my tablet . Need my grandchildren and we are in Italy at the moment finishing our trip and they are in Australia. Another great tip we acted on was to stay in Wengen rather than Interlaken. Wengen was just beautiful.

Linda Brooks

• The thread ‘Thank you – panoramic trains versus regular trains’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.