Thanks MySwissAlps and team – trip report

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 June 2018 at 15:38:47 #816845

Just concluded a wonderful 8 days in Switzerland and all thanks to the lot of information and advice that I received from MySwissAlps. So I would like to list things that I did so it could help someone else .

Day 1 Geneva airport in afternoon and shift to Montreux stayed in hotel parc et lac good economical hotel right on the lake 10 min from the train station no frills but did the job well. Strolled around the lake the first day and relaxed

Day 2 trip to Rochers De Naye in morning with a trip to chillon castle early afternoon ( extremely busy with a lot of tourists ) capped up the day with a train ride to chexbres in the evening and a small hike to saint saphorin and back to hotel.

Day 3 Took the early morning 7 44 train golden pass panoramic train to interlaken fearing lots of ppl in the next train at 9 44 as it was a sunday. did not reserve any seats and fortunately the entire train was empty enjoyed a beautiful ride to Interlaken . Transfer to lauterbrunnen stayed a Horner pub apartments. Cannot recommend it enough right in the midst of the valley with direct view of staubach falls from the balcony. Simply bliss. Same day did the lauterbrunnen- grütschalp- murren- gimmewald- stechleberg lauterbrunnen round trip. Awesome views and experience.

Day 4 had to go to jungfrajoch but weather was cloudy and the forecast for next day was sunny and beautiful so skipped going and did the manlichenn kleine scheidegg hike today .it was absolutely breathtaking.

Day 5 early morning train to jungfrajoch clear cloudless weather surreal experience no words to describe . Evening transfer to luzern.

Day 6 Luzern was between pilatus or titlis but just came from jungfrajoch some members of my group wanted to see something other than snow lol and some had suffered a bit of sun burn too cos of the previous day lol so went up to pilatus with a golden round trip .Must say an awesome experience especially the cable car, cog wheel train and the steamer to Lucerne. The steamer had foldable masts and chimney to go under a bridge and the old steam engine itself was worth the trip.

Day 7 did a free walking tour of Lucerne in the morning for a couple of hours .

Then had rosti and cheese fondue (thanks to advice from Lucas ). Followed by crazy shopping of chocolates and cheese . You get spoiled for choices . Even picked up a Swiss knife :).

Day 8 flight back…

Thanks to everyone who advised me and made my trip memorable

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 June 2018 at 3:08:45 #889212

What a great trip! Thanks for your trip report. Glad to see the Männlichen to Kleine Scheidegg trail opened up in time for you to do that hike!

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 June 2018 at 15:04:56 #889213

Thanks for the report Impactedmind!

Sounds like a nice trip and glad to hear you got fondue and Rösti! 🙂

StevefromHou
    Participant
    148 posts
    25 June 2018 at 0:35:22 #889214

sounds like a great time, MySwissAlps crew has lots of information, I have been gathering mine for upcoming trip in September.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 June 2018 at 9:08:37 #889215

Yes was lucky it just opened a day before I guess and it wasn’t crowded at all only a handful of ppl seen .

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 June 2018 at 9:09:01 #889216

Thank you Lucas 🙂

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 June 2018 at 9:09:40 #889217

Yes this forum is extremely helpful.

hope you have a wonderful time in Switzerland

• The thread ‘Thanks MySwissAlps and team – trip report’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.