The best pass to travel to Bernese Oberland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 August 2016 at 20:31:23 #809907

Hi

Arriving from Paris I am planing to travel from Zurich airport to lucern and to stay for 5 nights ,and to take day trips from there to (interlakenI ,Brienz (Bernese Oberland). Grindelwald and Gstaad )

1-What will the the best pass to buy

2-Does the Swiss Travel Pass allow me to use the golden pass and all other trains without exceptions

3-If i will come from Paris by train what will be best pass to buy

thanks in advance

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    17 August 2016 at 7:07:34 #855190

Hi talia, thank you for joining MySwissAlps!

1/2. Either the 8-day Swiss Travel Pass or the 6-day Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland will work for you. The below pages provide all details. Be sure to download the maps from the “Where it’s valid” tabs.

3. A flight won’t be necessary. Traveling by train is quicker, more comfortable and eco-friendly. Please find details here: myswissalps.com/ traintickets/france. If your pass is valid at the day of arrival you only need a ticket from Paris to where validity of the pass starts (Swiss Travel Pass: Basel, Regional-Pass: Bern).

• The thread ‘The best pass to travel to Bernese Oberland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.