Difference between Saver Day and 1-day travelpass

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
deedee
deedee
9 posts
May 20, 2018 - 5:13 PM

Hello,

I'd like to know what is the difference between Saver Day pass and 1-day Travelpass? I already bought Half Fare Card.

1. We plan to go to Wengen from Bern and to stay for a night in Wengen. We would like to spend 1 full day to discover Bernese Oberland. In this case, what pass is the best potion, Saver day or 1-day Travelpass? Can we use the pass starting from Bern on the day I leave to Wengen or it will be limited use only in Bernese Oberland for trains, buses, trams, etc...?

2. The next day, we are going to Zermatt leaving from Wengen and will stay a night in Zermatt, is it also worth it to get the Saver Day pass or 1-day Travelpass? Which one is the best option?

Thank you in advance!

Lucas
Lucas
9286 posts
expert &
May 20, 2018 - 7:22 PM in reply to deedee

Hi deedee,

You can read about the two passes here: One day Travel Pass & Saver Day Pass.

You should check the prices of the trips you want to do to compare costs of tickets that you need against those day passes. Read here for details: https://www.myswissalp s.com/train/ticketspas ses/practical/choosera ilpass

Annika
Annika
4992 posts
expert &
May 20, 2018 - 7:30 PM

Hi deedee! The 1-day travelpass serves as an add-on to the Swiss Half Fare Card. The Saver Day Pass can be used without a Swiss Half Fare Card, so that one's less interesting for you since you'll be having a Swiss Half Fare Card. Please find details at:

The 1-day travelpass won't be economical for your plans. There's no extra discount for mountain transportation on top of the 50% discount you get with your Swiss Half Fare Card. As for the transfer Wengen-Zermatt: a 50% discounted ticket with your Swiss Half Fare Card costs CHF 48,70, whereas a 1-day travelpass costs CHF 78.

I hope this answers your questions!

deedee
deedee
9 posts
May 21, 2018 - 1:35 PM

Thank you Lucas & Annika for the info!

What about supersaver ticket? Is it worth it to book in advance with my HFC?

Arno
Arno
11276 posts
expert &
May 21, 2018 - 1:59 PM in reply to deedee

That might work if those tickets are available for your route and date, and if you're willing to travel on one specific train (no flexibility). Please find details here: www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/discounts

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018