Difference between Saver Day and 1-day travelpass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 May 2018 at 17:13:19 #816116

Hello,

I’d like to know what is the difference between Saver Day pass and 1-day Travelpass? I already bought Half Fare Card.

1. We plan to go to Wengen from Bern and to stay for a night in Wengen. We would like to spend 1 full day to discover Bernese Oberland. In this case, what pass is the best potion, Saver day or 1-day Travelpass? Can we use the pass starting from Bern on the day I leave to Wengen or it will be limited use only in Bernese Oberland for trains, buses, trams, etc…?

2. The next day, we are going to Zermatt leaving from Wengen and will stay a night in Zermatt, is it also worth it to get the Saver Day pass or 1-day Travelpass? Which one is the best option?

Thank you in advance!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 May 2018 at 19:22:05 #885897

Hi deedee,

You can read about the two passes here: One day Travel Pass & Saver Day Pass.

You should check the prices of the trips you want to do to compare costs of tickets that you need against those day passes. Read here for details: https://www.myswissalp s.com/train/ticketspas ses/practical/choosera ilpass

Annika
    7104 posts
    20 May 2018 at 19:30:24 #885898

Hi deedee! The 1-day travelpass serves as an add-on to the Swiss Half Fare Card. The Saver Day Pass can be used without a Swiss Half Fare Card, so that one’s less interesting for you since you’ll be having a Swiss Half Fare Card. Please find details at:

The 1-day travelpass won’t be economical for your plans. There’s no extra discount for mountain transportation on top of the 50% discount you get with your Swiss Half Fare Card. As for the transfer Wengen-Zermatt: a 50% discounted ticket with your Swiss Half Fare Card costs CHF 48,70, whereas a 1-day travelpass costs CHF 78.

I hope this answers your questions!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 May 2018 at 13:35:03 #885899

Thank you Lucas & Annika for the info!

What about supersaver ticket? Is it worth it to book in advance with my HFC?

Arno
    15471 posts
    21 May 2018 at 13:59:07 #885900

That might work if those tickets are available for your route and date, and if you’re willing to travel on one specific train (no flexibility). Please find details here: http://www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/discounts

• The thread ‘Difference between Saver Day and 1-day travelpass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.