Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland for child

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 July 2019 at 12:02:47 #822745

Hi,

We will be staying in Thun-Interlaken area and visiting near by places and planning to take Regional-Pass “Bernese Oberland”.

We are 2 adults and 3 old kid.

1) Kindly let me know the children policy for availing Regional-Pass “Bernese Oberland” pass. Do I need to buy Regional-Pass or Family card for 3 year old child?

2) Can I buy it from Thun main train station? Can I start using it immediately after buying?

Thanks,

Raghav

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 July 2019 at 12:14:40 #917337

Hello Raghav,

The 3 year old will NOT HAVE TO PAY ANYTHING. Children under 5 travel for free in the whole of Switzerland!!!

Find the information on the Regional Pass Bernese Oberland on the according tab of below link:
    http://www.myswissalps.com/re gionalpassberneseoberl and

And yes, you can use it straight away!

Best,
    Steph

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 July 2019 at 12:28:45 #917338

Thanks Steph.

I am a tourist and visiting to Switzerland for the first time.

1) Can I buy it from Thun train station?

2) Any prerequisites or documents required like passport copy or travel card etc?

Thanks,

Raghav

Jlobo94
    Participant
    7 posts
    9 July 2019 at 17:43:21 #917339

Hello!

Regional-Pass Berner Oberland can be purchased at Interlaken West Station both in cash and credit card?

Arno
    15471 posts
    10 July 2019 at 6:48:55 #917340

Hi Raghav,

1) Thun should be possible, during opening hours of the staffed station service desk. You can also easily print the passes at home so they are ready to use:

2) If you buy at a Swiss train station, then all travelers and their passports must be present. If you buy online, you can fill out all the information yourself. You will need to travel with your passports at all times.

• The thread ‘Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland for child’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.