The Swiss Travel Pass Spring 2023 promotion

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Yolanda
    2326 posts
    7 May 2023 at 8:05:09 #950141

Hi Dani Lyn,

No you are not missing anything. The online resellers tend to offer discounted tickets for the mostly used rail passes such as the Swiss Travel Pass and the Swiss Half Fare Card. The Jungfrau Travel Pass is less common.

For the Jungfrau Travel Pass discount to Jungfraujoch, please see here.

Also, if you have further questions. We’d be grateful if you could post a new thread, as this thread is aimed at the Swiss Travel Pass promotion.

Thanks for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Yolanda

Vipuljain07
    Participant
    5 posts
    7 May 2023 at 11:15:38 #950142

From May 11th to May 21st, I will be in Switzerland for 11 days. During my stay, I will spend the first two days in Zurich, followed by two days in Zermatt, four days in Interlaken, one day in Montreux, and two days in Lucerne. Additionally, I plan to visit the Top of Europe attraction. To make traveling more convenient, I am considering purchasing a Zurich Day Pass for one day and a Swiss Travel Pass for eight days, with an additional two days added on. I have a few questions regarding my travel plans:

1) Is it a good idea to purchase the Swiss Travel Pass and the Zurich Day Pass?

2) Are there any other passes available that could help me save money on the cost of visiting the Top of Europe?

3) If I buy a ticket for the Top of Europe, which ticket should I purchase and how can I buy it?

4) When is the best time to purchase a ticket for the Top of Europe – should I buy it after arriving in Grindelwald or online before leaving Interlaken or even earlier than that?

Thank you,

Mrugeshmk
    Participant
    22 posts
    7 May 2023 at 12:15:12 #950143

Hi Yolanda,

For our October trip this year isnt it too early to buy the swiss pass, will there be any other promotion just slightly before our travel in the falls?

Yolanda
    2326 posts
    7 May 2023 at 16:35:54 #950144

Hi Vipuljain07,

Thanks for your sharing your plans.

In answer to your questions:

1. Yes, the Swiss Travel Pass promotion (8 days +2 free) makes sense for your trip. In regard to your stay in Zurich, if you are envisaging using the local Zurich transport, then the Zurich card is definitely worth considering. It really depends on your daily activities. More details can be found here:

2 & 3. With the Swiss Travel Pass, you will receive a 25% discount for travel to the Jungfraujoch. More details here, you will also find various purchase options.

4. As mountain weather can be unpredictable, best to buy the ticket nearer the time you plan to visit. Either a day before or even on the morning of travel. Best to check the weather conditions beforehand.

I hope this helps. If you have further questions, we would be grateful if you could post a new thread, as this thread is aimed at the Swiss Travel Pass promotion.

Best wishes,

Yolanda

Yolanda
    2326 posts
    7 May 2023 at 16:44:14 #950145

Hi Mrugeshmk,

Not at all too early. I think if your plans are fixed, it would be a very good idea to take advantage of this current promotion (due to end on 14th May).

Have a look at the purchase options here.

We are not aware of any further promotions at this stage.

Kind regards,

Yolanda

Vipuljain07
    Participant
    5 posts
    7 May 2023 at 16:44:19 #950146

Thanks for the Suggestions it will be really helpful in buying Swiss Travel pass.

Themavrik75
    Participant
    3 posts
    8 May 2023 at 20:59:03 #950147

Hello!

I’m planning to take advantage of the current promotion and buy the 5 day Swiss Travel Pass for my Switzerland trip in July of this year. I could not find any information regarding cancelation and refund and I searched online and in the forums.

So, my question is: If I have to cancel my trip before the start date, can I request a full refund?

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Vikram

Anna
    6355 posts
    8 May 2023 at 21:44:04 #950148

Hi Vikram,

You can cancel the Swiss Travel Pass up to 1 day before your date of travel and get a refund. Some resellers may charge a handling fee so be sure to read the terms and conditions before confirming your payment. If you buy the pass from the Switzerland Travel Centre for example, you can add the Flex Cancellation Option and get a full refund if your plans change.

regards,

Anna

Topher
    Participant
    20 posts
    12 May 2023 at 19:25:15 #950149

If only you could turn a 6 day pass into an 8 day pass with this promotion since that’s all I need. Dang.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 May 2023 at 23:52:23 #950150

Hello,

Your advice please.

I have a reservation for my wife and myself for the Bernina Express (9th September – travelling north to St Moritz) and the Glacier Express (13th September travelling south to Zermatt). We will also be travelling by train from Zermatt to Lyon on the 16th September. I have also paid for a 5 day Eurail Pass (Golbal Mobile Flex).

My question if you can help please – is there any advantage in taking up your offer of the 5 day Swiss Travel Pass given my existing reservations and purchases?

Thank you in anticipation.

Matt Ward

Anna
    6355 posts
    13 May 2023 at 5:51:07 #950151

Hi Matt Ward,

Welcome to MySwissAlps.

The Eurail Global Pass is valid on the Bernina Express and Glacier Express. The Eurail pass is also valid on major Swiss trains. So a Swiss Travel Pass is not really needed unless you’re planning to travel on local transport such as buses and trams whilst in Switzerland..

You can compare the coverage of each railpass below:

Let us know if you need more info.

Regards,

Anna

Tedujam
    Participant
    25 posts
    13 May 2023 at 17:11:37 #950152

I’m a bit concerned about these discount STP 8+2 passes from Happyrail…..both tickets show 8 consecutive days. Nowhere on the ticket does it indicate 2 free extra days.

Tedujam
    Participant
    25 posts
    13 May 2023 at 17:20:26 #950153

and now Happyrail doesn’t show the discount tickets anymore from your link. The promo was there 30 minutes ago when I added them to my cart and paid for them.

Tedujam
    Participant
    25 posts
    13 May 2023 at 17:27:24 #950154

Happyrail doesn’t respond on weekends, so I need to buy these discount rail tickets ASAP from somewhere else before the promo is over. Has anyone ever canceled tickets with Happyrail? Is it difficult?

Ventsislav
    Participant
    75 posts
    13 May 2023 at 19:45:17 #950155

switzerlandtravelcentre.com/en/che/swiss-travel-pass-promotion

This is an excellent place to do your Swiss Travel Pass shopping from. You can tick the box for 12 CHF insurane and you can cancel anytime, unless it is 1 day before the date.

Tedujam
    Participant
    25 posts
    13 May 2023 at 19:58:05 #950156

Thanks, I’m aware of that site, I’m just concerned about buying another set of passes and having to fight with Happyrail for a refund.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 May 2023 at 6:52:43 #950157

Thank you Anna for your reply and the links provided.

It is greatly appreciated!

Matt

Arno
    15482 posts
    14 May 2023 at 7:12:58 #950158

Hi Tedujam,

I’m sorry to hear about your pass issue. Indeed the pass seems to be the regular one instead of the promotion. Perhaps you ordered just when the HappyRail offer expired, I’m not sure. Anyway, please get in touch with them and double check if you got the correct pass, and how to cancel if not. Normally they offer free cancellation. Promotions may have other conditions, but if you didn’t get the promo pass that won’t apply. HappyRail will reply during office hours (CEST time zone) within a couple of business days.

As suggested by Ventsislav, you can still buy the promotion pass from https://shop.switzerlandtravelcentre.com#/en/home today. If you take the “Flex Option” for CHF 12, you can get a full refund at any time in case you hold on to your HappyRail passes. This decision is up to you of course, I’m just mentioning the option 🙂

Arno
    15482 posts
    15 May 2023 at 7:24:59 #950159

Hi Topher,

Yes, if only we could :-). We don’t sell passes ourselves and we have no control over the promotions being offered.

Jaytee
    Participant
    1 post
    16 May 2023 at 5:31:51 #950160

Hi

I was not able to avail the +1 promo. are there any chance that this promo again occurs? if yes usually at which month?

thank you

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 129 total)
  • The thread ‘The Swiss Travel Pass Spring 2023 promotion’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.