The train from Geneva to Visp and Zermatt

The train from Geneva to Visp and Zermatt

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
pepino
pepino
6 posts
May 3, 2018 - 7:16 PM

I need clarification on the train from geneva that goes to visp. When I board the train at the railway station,as I understand it goes to cornavin.Do I stay on the train which will take me to visp, or must. I get off at cornavin and look for a train to visp?

thank you

pepino

rockoyster
rockoyster
3704 posts
expert
May 3, 2018 - 10:53 PM in reply to pepino

Cornavin and Geneva Station are one and the same.

pepino
pepino
6 posts
May 3, 2018 - 11:08 PM

Rockoyster

thank you for responding. So the same train I board in geneva railway station will take me to Visp ?

Thank you

pepino

rockoyster
rockoyster
3704 posts
expert
May 3, 2018 - 11:11 PM in reply to pepino

If you selected a train that goes direct from Genève to Visp using the Swiss Train Timetable (www.myswissalps.com/ti metable), yes.

Gladysknight
Gladysknight
14 posts
May 5, 2018 - 8:08 AM in reply to rockoyster

Hi Pepino,. I am wondering if you are arriving at the airport and that is what you mean by Geneva Station. If so, the answer is still the same. You can get on a through train and do not need to change at Geneva Cornavin. I hope this helps, and enjoy your trip!

Last modified on May 5, 2018 - 8:09 AM by Gladysknight
pepino
pepino
6 posts
May 5, 2018 - 10:53 AM in reply to Gladysknight

Hi

Thank you for responding to my question.

yes, I’m flying to Geneva from

Bastia,Corsica. I Don’t know if I will be to catch the train on time. The plane from Bastia arrives at 10:a.m and the train leaves at 10:20 a.m

pepino

thank you

rockoyster
rockoyster
3704 posts
expert
May 5, 2018 - 11:49 AM in reply to pepino

That’s cutting it a bit fine but there will be another train not too much later if you miss that one,

Lucas
Lucas
7201 posts
expert &
May 5, 2018 - 3:11 PM in reply to pepino

I can almost do that in Zurich with carry on luggage and due to the fact I know the airport so well (and assuming I am coming within the Schengen zone).

But as a tourist with luggage and a foreign passport you won't make it. But as Rockoyster says there will be another very soon. Use the timetable to plan out the trip and see when your next train will be.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018